Chapter 6: Futile

I managed to find my way home, despite the unbearable pain I was in now. I was still trying to remove the splinters of the stake from my back. I scratched and pinched, but it was futile, I had just managed to create a bloody mess on the wound on my back. I was dying, and it was a slow painful death. It had been hours and I had only reached the fever stage.

"Klaus we need to talk" I turned around and saw Fiore staring back at me. She had returned. She was back.

"Fiore you're back!" I said tearing up. "I never thought I would see you again."

"What happened?" She said rushing up to me.

"Your father, Silas. He attacked me last night" I said still groaning in pain. "He stabbed me with a white oak stake and he left a piece of it inside me. How did you get away from him? What did you do? Did you kill him?"

"Enough about me Klaus, that could kill you" She said stroking my face and wiping away my tears.

"I definitely feel like I'm dying" I told her laughing bitterly.

"Oh Klaus." She said still stroking my face. I then realised that she only called me that when she was angry at me.

"Silas." I gasped.

"Wow took you long enough! So my daughter is your wife? And you didn't even realise that it was me the whole time." He said slapping me. "I'm quite disgusted that my daughter would ever pick a weak excuse of a person like you. She could do much better. And you knew I was her father the whole time, and you didn't introduce yourself to me properly, you're not gonna get any brownie points from me. You think I'm trapping her, that she would kill me? I am her father; you are her pathetic husband. Not for long though. Although, as much as I'd like to kill you and watch you die, I need you to find me the cure first."

"Why did you come as her?" I mumbled, stepping slowly away from him.

"I'm came as who you wanted to see. Yesterday I was Shane, today I'm Fiore, who knows who I'll be next." I pushed him away and tried to flee but I fell to the ground instead, the stake had gotten too far to me. "Maybe I'll be Hayley." He smiled cruelly at me and stuck his shoe into my chest. "That's right, I can see into your mind now. It seems like you've seen too much of Hayley. You had sex with her when you thought your wife was imprisoned? That's not true love is it?"

"Show me your real face." I said through gritted teeth.

"Why would I do that when I can be anyone you want to see?" He said smiling. "You're shuddering, are you scared of me Klaus?"

"I'm scared of what you plan to do Fiore" I spat, blood dribbling out of mouth.

"Why you think Fiore is with me against her own will, I don't know. Unlike you, I love my daughter and she can leave whenever she wants. She left you" He said digging the heel in deeper. "And that was the smartest decision she ever made, considering what you're like."

"I love her, and stay away from me!" I growled.

"Resist me all you want but until you give me the cure, I'll cause you nothing but pain." He took the heel out of my chest and threw me against the fireplace. "And that's what you get for hurting my daughter. You do it again and I will kill you, cure or no cure." Silas disappeared and I relaxed as much as I could, despite having a hole in my chest and a dagger in my back.

~Rebekah POV~

Rebekah and Elena had captured the elusive Katherine Pierce and were currently siting down in a local diner grilling her about the cure.

"So Elena, I'm shocked. No 'I need to avenge my bratty brother' speech?" Katherine said taunting Elena.

"People die; we move on" Elena said casually.