Chapter 7: Smart Brother

"Your bleach is finished" Caroline said as she cleaned her hands on a towel.

"Thank you for what you did" I said looking at her earnestly.

"Whatever, if you need anything else, find someone else his time. My prom needs planning." She turned and walked away and I decided to test my luck.

"Are we friends again?" I asked her smiling.

"Can Tyler come back?" She asked turning to me. I knew I couldn't do it, whether I wanted to or not. She took my silence as an answer and shook her head before walking away.

"I will say this though. I haven't been looking all over the world for him."

"Thank you" She said smiling. "You're a good friend."

"All in a day's work"

~Elijah POV~

"Katerina" Elijah said with a smile when he walked into the gazebo where he had planned to meet Katerina. "You coloured your hair, I like it" He walked up to her and stroked her hair.

"Thank you. It's—" Elijah cut her off and kissed her passionately. She seemed taken aback at first but he thought nothing of it.

"I missed you" He said stroking her cheek.

"I've missed you too." She answered. He took her hand and led her to the edge of the gazebo.

"What a quaint little town you've chosen." He said looking over the town. "Do you have it on you?"

"Do I have what?" She asked confused.

"The cure" Elijah turned to face her and noticed her daylight ring. Katerina didn't have a daylight ring. Elena. Elena noticed that he was on to her and tried to leave but he grabbed her hand back. "Where's Katerina, Elena?" When she didn't respond, he grew restless and took her away. He took her to an alleyway and dropped her on the floor.

"Katerina is that you?" Elijah said as he answered the phone.

"No Elijah its me." Stefan said when he answered. "Where's Elena?"

"She's safe" Elijah said turning to look at his captive. "How long so depends on you. I know Katherina can defend herself against the two of you."

"It's actually three" Stefan said chuckling. "Your little sister decided to join us for the time being"

"Fiore is missing. But thank you for the reminder." Elijah sneered.

"I meant Rebekah."

Elijah seethed at the idea of his sister working against him, despite him only ever working to help her achieve what she wants. He remained calm, knowing better than to lose his temper in all situations.

"Let me speak to her" he demanded. "Better yet, tell me where she is."

"Don't worry Katherine is fine, Rebekah is fine, we'll all be fine as soon as Katherine gives us the cure" Stefan said calmly.

"You listen very carefully Stefan. My sister despises Katherine and the moment she has no use she will end her. I would keep that because if anything happens to Katerina, hell will descend upon Elena." He hung up the phone and turned to look at Elena who was leaning against the war, no amusement to be found in any inch of her being.

"I thought you were a man of honour Elijah, but turns out, you're just as idiotic as the rest of them." Elena said looking at him.

"Excuse me?" He said looking at her exasperatedly.

"You've been hooking up with Katherine this whole time. She's playing you and lying to you. You were just here backup plan in case something didn't work out with Fi" Elena said laughing at him.