Chapter 15: Kicking Up a Fuss

~Rebekah POV~

As Elijah was locked up somewhere by Klaus, Rebekah took it upon herself to look after Hayley, despite not really liking her. She sat up high in a tree watching over the wolf sitting down on the bench feeling sorry for herself. Rebekah smelt the strong scent of a particular type of poison. Wolfs bane. She was going to kill herself. No, she was selfish, she was going to kill the baby. Rebekah was about to jump down and stop her when she noticed two vampires coming after her.

"It was dumb to come to the quarter. You're coming with me wolf." The vampire said to her looking at her with predatory eyes.

"No thanks" The wolf snapped. She threw the drink into his face and he screeched in pain. Rebekah was beginning to think she might end up liking the wolf after all.

She jumped down and snapped the neck of the first vampire and pulled out the heart of the one that rushed to her and tried to kill him.

"I hate bad manners." She said looking down at the dead vampires. "You should know to treat a pregnant lady better."

~Klaus POV~

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO LEAVE. WEREWOLVES ARE BANNED FROM THE QUARTER" I hollered at Hayley as I put the last dead body onto the small pile. "I had a plan, it was all going to plan but your idiotic fantasy put it all to—LEAVE HIM" I shouted at Rebekah as she had noticed one of the vampires were still alive. "Haven't you done enough? You have left a literal trail of bodies as a treasure hunt to my home!"

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed! And don't give me that crap about having a plan! You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah, because what have you done to honour it?" Rebekah screeched in her usual manner.

"I have done everything. Despite what he has done to Fiore, I have still done everything to honour him! Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From Day One, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control. I took a new one of his and turned him onto my side, I compelled his favourite bartender to do the same." I said glaring at the two of them. "And I'll take this one, drain him of vervain and tell them his friends moved to Utah so that he can explain why there are more of Marcel's vampires missing." Rebekah and Hayley looked at me sheepishly finally knowing they were in the wrong. I carried the vampire into the house and the two of them followed. "No more questions? Grand. My turn, Hayley why were you in the quarter today?" she looked down at the ground refusing to answer. "ANSWER MY QUESTION" I bellowed.

"Leave her be" Rebekah said standing protectively in front of her.

"No it's fine. I was buying poison to put your baby out of its misery." The wolf spat, stepping away from Rebekah. Idiot. I sped towards her and pinned her up against the door by her neck.

"Do you not understand that I despise you? That the only thing that has prevented me from killing you so far is that child?" I sneered.

"Niklaus, you kicked up all this fuss about not wanting this baby but the second she tells you she doesn't want it you want to kill her?" Rebekah snapped. "It's okay to care Nik. That's all Elijah was here to do, get you to care! That has been all we've ever wanted for you. Do you know why Elijah is here? Fiore told him to come here and protect you. She isn't angry at him, and you shouldn't be either."

I released her neck from my grip and dropped her on the floor, leaving her to splutter and gasp for air, massaging her neck for comfort. I sat down on the stairs and decided to confess to my sister.

"I gave Elijah to Marcel." I mumbled. "He was nervous, two originals in town were making his friends antsy. He wanted Elijah to leave so I— "

"You bartered our brother?" Rebekah asked tears welling up in her eyes.

"I have a plan. Once I gain his trust. I'll dismantle his empire and see that the baby be born. That is the only way I know how to do it and if you don't like it. The door is right there."

~Rebekah POV~

"Thanks for what you did back there." Hayley said as Rebekah sat down on the front porch.

"Us girls have to stick together. Especially since we're down one." She said thinking about her lost friend.

"I'm sorry. About Fiore and what I did to her. I thought she was dead." Hayley said sitting down beside her.

"No, she is dead." She told her. "It just hurts to accept it. It hurts even more for Niklaus. He doesn't really despise you. He's happy for your life, he's happy that you gave him this chance, a chance that she never could give him. That's why he said that."

"Oh I don't care what Klaus thinks of me. But what is it with you two? You say you hate him, but you clearly love him."

"I guess when you spend a thousand years with someone, deciding to quit them is like losing a part of yourself. But sometimes the hate is just... so powerful. Emil wasn't the only boyfriend of mine that Klaus killed. He did it again, and again, and every time I found someone to care about. He just kept doing it until, finally, I stopped falling in love. He said he was protecting me from my mistakes, that no one was ever good enough for his little sister. Until one day, someone was. Marcel" she said thinking back to the time when she thought she finally had a shot at love. "But he didn't want me with him either, so he put me in a box. For 52 years, he gave Marcel the option to save me or be a vampire and he chose, well you know what you chose. That's why I can't get Elijah back, he'll do it all over again."

"I found these under your coffin" Hayley said as she pulled out two silver daggers. "If this is what's stopping you from saving him, then here you go." Rebekah took the daggers and smiled. She had found a friend in Hayley and she was going to save Elijah. Two wins in one day.

A/N: That's me for the day! I hope you enjoyed reading this! Don't forget to comment, vote and follow me! X