Chapter 24: Ending in Sorrow

~Elijah POV~

"I'm hooooome" Elijah's heart stopped as a car pulled up to their house and he heard a voice he was not yet prepared to hear. "Wow, what a rubbish welcome, I'll just go back to Mystic Falls, shall I? I know you're here Elijah, and you too Rebekah, but who's your friend?" Elijah panicked, if Fiore had found Hayley, only God knows what he would do.

"Fiore, you're back" Elijah stood at the front door watching his sister carefully.

"Elijah I'm not going to hurt you" she said walking up to him and giving him a hug. "I've missed you, I've missed you so so much. All of you"

"We've missed you too" he said hugging her back. "How did you get out?"

"I escaped. You were right, true love will always triumph over fear" she took Elijah's hand and led him over to her car.

"Are those—"

"No" she said cutting him off. "Meet Silas and Amara. My late parents"

"Your parents are doppelgangers?" Elijah asked in shock.

"I'll uh—I'll explain later." She said smiling. "Where is Rebekah anyway? There's lot to explain and I don't particularly feel like explaining myself twice."

"I'll text her right now" Elijah smiled at Fiore before typing furiously away on his phone.

Elijah: Fiore has returned. Hide Hayley and come join us at once.

"Rebekah will soon be with us Fiore, now let's go inside" Elijah placed his arm around her and walked into the house. There was a family reunion about to happen and Elijah planned to control it to a tee.

~Rebekah POV~

"Where the hell are you taking me Rebekah?" Hayley said trying to let go of Rebekah's grip. "Tell me what's happening or I'll scream"

"Fiore is back" Rebekah said and dropped Hayley's arm.

"What? No. She's dead. She's supposed to be dead" Hayley said to her afraid.

"Well she clearly isn't anymore" Rebekah said rubbing her forehead. "Elijah says she has this new power and if she finds out that you slept with Klaus she might kill you and the baby."

"So what are we doing?" Hayley said clutching her stomach protectively.

"Hiding you. Until further notice."

~Fiore POV~

Fiore sat at the head of the table with Elijah to her right and Rebekah to her left. Fiore had returned to them finally and whilst she was overjoyed, her siblings did not seem to share her happiness. They were scared. More scared than she had ever been.

"You're afraid of me" She said her eyes flitting between the two of them.

"No, no, no. Of course we're not, you're home and we're happy." Rebekah beamed at her sister and took the dark haired vampires hands into her own.

"Don't lie to me Rebekah. You're afraid of what I can do. What I will do." She said nodding her head in acceptance. "Don't worry, I don't blame you. If anyone knows anything about fear, it is I. You aren't at fault; I know if I was in your position I would be afraid of me too."

"Perhaps if you told us about your newfound abilities we would be able to alleviate of our fear." Elijah said staring at her intensely.

"I wouldn't exactly call them newfound but I'll tell you. I don't know how Nik kept it from you this long" She chuckled before revealing to her siblings her true nature.

"Bloody hell Fi, how did you manage to keep all of that a secret?" Rebekah said in shock.

"Well it was a secret from me also. I did these things and just chocked them up for me not being an actual Mikaelson. I also managed to compel you and read your mind—unwittingly of course—but from now on I promise your minds are free from my hold." She said putting her hands up in the air. "There's no need to be scared of me. And I'm sure whatever treachery you committed against me while I was 'dead' can be forgiven"

"I thought you said our minds were off limits" Elijah said with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't need to be a mind reader to know when two people have done something very bad." She scoffed. "If I had really looked into your mind I'd know exactly what you had done. You obviously don't plan on telling me today and I'll allow it as I've only returned and I'd like to have one family reunion that doesn't end in sorrow. You can tell me on your own time, but know that whatever it is the two of you have done I will find out, one way or another. Just hope that I found out from you because if I find out on my own, I won't be as forgiving." As she spoke there was not a trace of a smile to be found on her face, Fiore meant what she had said and if the two of them did not believe her, then only God could help them.

"Understood" Elijah nodded curtly, but warily. "Just one last thing—the doppelgangers, you say they are versions of your parents that can be killed, but if you are also like them then— "

"Then I should have shadow selves of my own." Fiore finished the sentence for him in awe.

"What are you going to do about it?" Rebekah asked her.

"Find them. I'm going to find them."

A/N: Sorry it's a short one, this was supposed to come out yesterday but because of how long it, I obviously had to postpone it. Anyway, thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoyed it! Don't forget to comment, vote and follow me! Until tomorrow! X