Chapter 26: Truly Been Happy

"So that's been your secret all along. You had a child—whilst I was away?"

"You said you wouldn't get angry if— "

"I SAID I WOULDN'T GET ANGRY IF YOU TOLD ME." Fiore shouted cutting off my sister. "Explain yourself to me before I kill the three of you right here, right now."

"I thought you were dead. And I made a mistake—I gave up on you. I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Okay." She said nodding her head. "I can understand that. You thought I was dead, you moved on, fair enough. This wolf, where is she?"

"How do you know she's a wolf?" Elijah asked in shock.

"Vampires do not procreate but werewolves can. Nik is not a fan of witches, neither is he a fan of humans but wolves—it just makes sense. Stop accusing me of playing tricks Elijah, I said I wouldn't visit your mind and I will not. Now where is the girl?" She snapped.

Elijah brought Hayley in and Fiore gaped at her, unable to fathom how she could've become pregnant. How I could have done that to her.

"You are 4 months pregnant" Fiore said unable to tear her eyes away from her. "I have been gone for 4 months. When did this happen?"

"Fiore I— "

"I said WHEN DID IT HAPPEN. And you" She said pointing at me. "You will not speak until you are spoken to. So Hayley, when did it happen?"

"The day after you left." Fiore turned away from her and looked down at the ground, unable to look at any of us.

"If you lay so much as a finger—" Elijah spoke threateningly towards her. He clearly wasn't aware of what Fiore could do as he never got the chance to finish his sentence.

"You will not be making any demands." Fiore used her magic to lift him up by his throat. He gripped trying to remove the hands from his neck that were not there. "You are currently the noble Elijah, but I can just as easily make you the formerly noble Elijah and don't you ever forget." She threw him down on the floor and turned back to Hayley.

"Fi, you don't understand" My sister tried to plead with her but I knew it was useless. The look she had on her face, I knew it—I invented it. She was going to make us suffer, she was going to make us feel her pain.

"You're right sister, I do not understand." She said still looking at Hayley's stomach. "Because you befriended her. That's what Elijah was texting you about when I came. I felt the presence of three bodies, she was the third and you hid her, because she was your friend. You did all this in spite of what you know I would do if roles were reversed. Despite the countless amounts of times I have saved you. And Elijah. The noble Elijah, always doing what is right. Is this right?" She said pointing at the child. "Fair enough your brother's betrayal is not of your own doing but your feelings for her—those are on you. Whilst you were wiling away, encased in a coffin that he had put you in. You had enough time to spout about love and fear and family but you didn't have the time to tell me that he was going to have a child? You are not noble Elijah you are just as bad as the rest of them, you put your own wants and needs first. What happened to Always and Forever, hm?"

"Don't be angry at them. It was between me and— "

"If you even say his name I will end you." Fiore said clenching her fists. "But you are right, you may not have betrayed me personally but I know what you're like Hayley. You use your loneliness as a means to end. You use it to attract those as lonely as you are, if not worse because you hate being alone, you can't stand it. Do you really think that your child deserves that? A mother like you? And a father like him." She finally turned around to face me with a look so cold, I thought I would freeze to death. She looked like a completely different person.