Chapter 23 B: Runs Out

"Didn't you leave?" I asked as my sister walked up behind me. I stared out the window and poured myself another glass of scotch.

"And leave this family to function without me? We've already lost Fi can't be down two women. Make that three because Hayley isn't here. Or Elijah. What did you do?" She said changing her tone from cocky to angry.

"I left them in the Bayou" I said with a shrug.

"Why?" Angrier.

"I had a row with Elijah and Hayley conspired to turn him against me and you know Elijah can't resist a pretty face. Unless it is that of my wife." I said laughing bitterly. "Anyway one thing led to an another so I bit him and left them both stranded in the swamp."

"Daggering, biting, deserting. Will your wickedness never cease?" Angriest.

"This 'wickedness' is self-preservation. And I wouldn't have to if every which way I turned I was greeted with ignorance and betrayal." I snapped. "And now that Elijah's abandoned me I'll need you to help plot against Marcel. Don't leave town anytime soon."

"Why should I help you, after what you've done to Elijah?" she said as I poured myself another glass.

"Because you're my family" I told her hurt by her words. "And who better to spy on Marcel than the girl he's in love with? Who would tell me all his secrets, starting with, how did he find us here?"

"How would I know why Marcel does what he does?" She asked anxiously as she sat down on one of the chairs.

"I know all about your clever engineered run ins all over the quarter, I know all about your chats" I scoffed. "Do what you want with him, I don't care, just tell me what he's confided in you. Is he plotting against me?"

"You are so paranoid" She said glaring at me. "He doesn't know anything, he just thinks you've had a spat and need to kiss and make up"

"Maybe we will" I said sighing as I sat down on the sofa opposite us. "I'm capable of forgiving those that disappoint me, after they've learned their lesson—through suffering. You'd do well to remember that little sister."

"Like you'd ever let me forget" She muttered as she turned for the door. "I just hope Fiore shares your beliefs, for your sake. Or dead, at least then you will have learned through suffering of you own."

~Fiore POV~

She walked over to her father and wrapped him in a tight embrace before plunging the knife he held straight into his stomach. He groaned as he collapsed on the ground.

"I love you father, I'm sorry. Please forgive me" She kissed her Father on the forehead who just stared back at her.

"I will never forgive you" he spluttered. "You are an abomination, a disgrace and you disgust me. For that I shall punish you." He whispered some unintelligible words before finally taking his last breath. She closed his eyes and cried over him sobbing uncontrollably.

"SILAS" A girl that looked exactly like Elena rushed over and cried over him alongside her.

"You must be Amara" Fiore said trying to smile through her tears. "I'm Fiore, his daughter."

"I know who you are, he spoke about you all the time, he loved you and you killed him." She said sobbing uncontrollably.

"I know, I know. I loved him too, but he had to go." Fiore said standing firm in her decision. "You can join him. On the other side, you can join him, I'll turn you into a vampire."

"No" Amara answered. "I can't do it anymore; I need to die."

"Here" Fiore handed her the knife. "Do you hate me?"