Chapter 21: Just A Child

Sophie sat on a chair in our home, after I had angrily taken her there from Rousseau's. She sat looking annoyed, exasperated and nervous, I didn't really care about how she was feeling, I just needed to know why she allowed Hayley to be taken.

"So explain to me Sophie." I said pacing around the room angrily when Rebekah walked in. "Why, despite our deal that I would dismantle Marcel's army and you would protect my child, Hayley was taken by some lunatic witches and almost killed?"

"It wasn't me" She said rolling her eyes. "she dies; I die—it's a two-way street."

"So who was it?" Rebekah asked sitting opposite her.

"A faction of extremist witches. Sabine had one of her stupid visions about the baby and she told them about. This one was that your kid would bring death to all witches."

"Well if I didn't love the child before" I said clapping my hands together.

"Sophie, look—I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah said as she leaned into the witch.

"Elijah—is talking to Davina?" She asked, eyes wide.

"So?" Rebekah said impatiently.

Sophie leaned back into her chair and rubbed her temples in worry. "I bet she has a lot to say about that crowd."

~Elijah POV~

"So tell me of this Harvest ritual Davina" Elijah had awoken and remained with Davina. He had planned to make a deal with her in attempt to unite the witches and vampires.

"There were four of us, me, Monique, Cassie and Abigail. We were chosen, they told us we were special, that it was an honour, that we were going to make our people strong. The Elders told us we would go to sleep until the reaping, then when the reaping came we would awaken and be reborn and complete the ritual. On the day, I asked my mom, my own mother and she told me the same thing, that it would all be okay, she promised me that when I woke up from my sleep she'd be so proud of me. So I did it, I got a pretty white dress but the witches—they lied. They told us it would just be a cut on your palm and then it'd be over, that'd be it and we go to sleep but then, they slit our throats. First Abigail, then it was Cassie, my best friend Monique but before they could get to me— "

"Marcel came." Elijah said, knowing how her sentence would end.

"He saved me and took me here." She said smiling. "He is my family now. When your own mother is prepared to give you up as a sacrifice just for magic, then you have to find a new one. She didn't even try and save me, none of them did. The witches want me dead. But since I haven't died, with the reaping so soon, if I can just wait it out then— "

"Then what?"

"They'll be punished, and I'll be free" She said smiling. "free of magic. All our power will drain away and I'll be normal."

"That's what you want? To be normal?" Elijah asked her in confusion.

"I just don't wanna be what I am. I can't control it sometimes. Magic." Davina started to cry, clearly ashamed of some of the things she had done. "I... hurt people. Even when I don't mean to."

"Why don't you tell me about some of your friends? Do you miss them?" Elijah asked trying to change the subject from the girl's painful past.

"There's Tim, he's normal, doesn't know about any of the witch stuff" She said smiling.

"That seems like more of a crush to me, Davina" Elijah said smiling back at her, she was still just a teenager, under all that power, she was just a child.

"And then there's Monique" Davina said changing the topic quickly. "She was a harvest girl like me, she was lucky, her aunt Sophie, she tried to stop it, but she was too late. She— "

"I'm sorry did you say Sophie, as in Sophie Deveraux?" Elijah asked her shocked.

"Yeah, you know her?"

"Somewhat." Elijah said returning the violin he had fixed for her friend. "You can give this back to Timothy" he said smiling at her.

"I don't even know if I'll see him again" She said starting to tear up. Her emotions began to overwhelm her and the room began to shake, causing a miniature earthquake in the room.

"Davina calm down" Elijah said holding her hands and down and keeping her at ease. "Davina, this power that you contain, drawn from your fallen friends—it's too much for you. You need control, which requires study and practice. Now, my mother was a very powerful witch. She left behind her grimoires, a legacy of books filled with spells. These books contain all of the tools that you might need to control your magic. If you free me from here, I can share them with you. However, if you leave now with Marcel, we'll never see each other again, and I cannot find you, and I can't help you."

"This witches manipulated me." Davina said staring at him intently "You know what happened."

"I am not manipulating you, I promise. I'm offering you a deal" He said smiling at her.

"What about your brother?" She asked looking at hm.

"He will adhere to my deal, if I tell him to. Fiore knew how to keep him in check and she has tasked me with taking over her position." He said sadly. "I will honour her dying wish. If she can do it, then so can I"

A/N: Another day done! I literally only just started and now it's almost done! Only 5 more chapters to go until Book 3! Book 3 will probably be out in the new year and I'll go back to my old schedule of 3 chapters a week.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed, please show me some love by leaving a comment, voting and following me! X