Chapter 18: A Few Casualties

Sophie, Rebekah and I sat in our parlour discussing negotiations on our plan. Although negotiations were a very loose term for what we were doing. It was more of a telling Sophie exactly what was going to happen and how kind of meeting.

"Let's cut to the chase, shall we?" I said sipping a drink. "Davina has Elijah, you witches want Davina ergo, we need to get her away from Marcel. We don't know where she is ergo, we need magic"

"Davina would sense it" Sophie said glaring at me.

"Unless, another witch—say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example—was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina." Rebekah said smirking.

"She doesn't deserve to die!"

"SOPHIE DEVERAUX" I said slamming my hands down on the table. "You can't win a war without a few casualties. Your sister was caught hiding in a cargo hold, right?" she nodded, slowly coming to the realisation. "And who, tell me, manages Marcel's business at the docks?"

"Katie's boyfriend" She sighed. "Thierry."

**********************************************************************************

I stood with Marcel in the abattoir, watching his friend Thierry play his trumpet in the courtyard. Some of the other vampires stood to dance around him, whilst others continued to mill about prepping for the party.

"He is very good at what he does, I'll give him that" I said still watching Thierry.

"Right?" He said beaming at his friend. "I call him the music man. Ladies love him but he's knocking boots with this pretty little witch. He says he loves her, but I don't know."

"Your best soldier fraternizes with the enemy and you just look the other way?" I asked sceptically.

"No, I care, but Thierry's a grown man. He can make his own choices plus; he gives me good intel. He won't jeopardize all this" He said stretching his arms out to his wide reach. "We have a community here, no one's gonna mess that up."

"And you never even considered that witch's tip about the werewolf was a trap?" What an imbecile, he truly had never considered him. At this rate by the end of the day the city would be returned to us.

"I guess I'll have to send a message" He said falling right into my trap. "Thierry, take a team of nightwalkers to the Cauldron tonight and do a little rousting. Make it hella nasty."

**********************************************************************************

Later that night Rebekah and I celebrated, my compelled vampire had attempted to kill Thierry's girlfriend, and just as they planned he took the bait and killed him, breaking one of Marcel's rules. After Sophie convinced Katie to do a big spell, I killed her and gained Marcel's trust. Our plan had gone off without a hitch—Marcel trusted me and the one person he would have trusted more was now wiling away in his chamber of betrayal. Although there was one minor detail we needed to figure out. Camille had seen Marcel fight against Thierry, she was upset with him and therefore would not be willing to go out with Marcel again. Willingly at least.

Camille sat down at the bar alone, drinking away her sorrows. She turned and noticed my presence, scoffing before she even knew what I was here to do.

"Don't bother. I know bro code states that you have to smooth things over or whatever but—"

"You've been hurt before and you're giving up on him, so as to not be hurt again" I said as I sat down on the stool beside her.

"He isn't what I thought he was" she said putting down her drink on the table. "If he can turn on a dime like that then—the bottom line is; he isn't who I thought he was"

"That's not a broken heart, Camille, no one knows the sound of a broken heart better than I do, that brave bartender is the sound of a broken trust"

She stared at me and swallowed, what I was saying was taking a toll on her but then she leaned into kiss me, I couldn't do that. Not only would it be detrimental to our plan I couldn't betray Fiore again.

"I need you to give Marcel another chance" I told her, breaking her gaze.

"I definitely misread that" she said looking both embarrassed but mainly disappointed.

"I'm sorry but, it can't be helped" I shrugged my shoulders and took her face in my hands and compelled her. "You went to Marcel's. You danced. You feel badly that he had a row with his friend, but otherwise, all you remember is that it was perfect." She nodded in agreement and I let go of her. "Great, goodbye brave bartender" I said as I walked away from the bar, I was going to take my home back.

~Davina POV~

Davina paced around the attic, worried sick about Marcel. She had sent some power to him to help but she had no way of knowing if he was safe.

"Knock, knock" Davina turned to her door and saw Marcel smirking at her.

"I didn't know what happened, I was so scared" she said as she ran up to hug him.

"Whatever you did, it helped me, thank you" he said stroking her hair. She released him and looked back at her captive, Elijah.

"It was one of his, wasn't it?" She said glaring at the desiccated body.

"No, Klaus was the one that saved me actually" Marcel said scratching his head. "I'm gonna give back Elijah, to say thanks. I'm gonna make things right, starting with him"

"No" Davina said turning back to face him. She was confused and upset but mostly angry. "You told me the old ones were dangerous, we said I'd learn how to kill them and then I would return them, not a minute before."

"Davina" Marcel said giving her a sympathetic look. "Klaus said that she is coming back. If she finds out that I've got Elijah, she'll get mad at me. I gotta fix things before she gets back"

"Marcel, I did something" Davina said shaking her head sadly. "I did a locator spell, to try and find her and bring her back for you. I can't find any trace of her so either she really wants out, wants out so bad that not even I can find her or—"

"Don't say it D. Please."

"Or she's dead"

~Klaus POV~

"Klaus. I found something out today" Hayley said finally looking up from her laptop and at me. "We're having a little boy" She smiled at me and I smiled back. Things were finally looking up for us Mikaelsons. And once Elijah was returned to us. I would get my wife back, and we would live as a whole. A united family at last.

**********************************************************************************

"So that friend of yours, she the reason why you didn't kiss me last night?" Cami said looking at the ground sadly after I had met with her at the church.

"Yes. But on the Brightside, welcome to her club of damaged of blondes. She would like you at last." I said as I got up. "But right now, there's another damaged blonde I need to see"

A/N: Last chapter of the day, I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry the song is the music video, I couldn't find a lyric video! The next chapter takes place somewhere we havent been in a while! Don't forget to comment, vote and follow me! X