Chapter One: Awakening Of The Silver Dragon.

A/N: Here is the first chapter! Enjoy the story!

re-edited on august 29th, 2021 @ 12:40am

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER ONE - AWAKENING OF THE SILVER DRAGON

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

IT WAS JUST A NORMAL day in the city of Briarwood. My mother, my twin sister, and I moved here a few months ago. Though I haven't seen my older brother or my father in a while. I remember my mother telling me that they chose the wrong path and that's why they are not living with us anymore.

"Tanner. We've been in Briarwood for how long now? You know Mom wants you to find a job." My twin sister, Tessa, exclaimed.

I sighed. "Tessa, I didn't agree for you to do my afternoon jog with me just to be lectured." I informed.

"I'm just worried about my twin. I got my job as a fashion designer in 2 weeks." Tessa said.

That really set me off. "Listen, Tess. I'm not like you. I can't get my dream job in 2 weeks. I can't even get in a race." I informed.

"Why don't you get a job at a music shop or something? I heard there's this really good music shop nearby. I know music really isn't much your style, but at least you'll be making money." Tessa suggested.

Out of no where, I got this major headache. "Silver Ranger..." A voice said inside of my head. I grabbed onto my head and kneeled down.

Tessa looked at me worriedly. "Are you all right, Tanner? She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just got this headache out of no where." I replied. Tessa looked at her phone.

"Crap! I gotta be at work in 30 minutes. See you soon, Tanner." She said as she ran the opposite direction of me.

I put in my ear plugs and started jogging again. Running always calmed me down for some strange reason. I stopped to take a breather and took a drink of water. That's when some guy with armor on came up to me.

"Greetings, Silver Ranger..." He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I think you got the wrong person, I'm not a Power Ranger." I said. The man laughed.

"Well. You will be. I'm Koragg. I work with your father and you're needed." Koragg informed.

I chuckled. "I haven't seen my father since I was eleven. He was never there for me when I needed him." I said. That's when Koragg grabbed me. "Hey! Let me go!" I shouted.

"Let him go, Koragg!" I heard someone say. I looked up to see the famous Rangers that I've been hearing about.

"Stay out of this, Rangers." Koragg said. That's when they started fighting until Koragg and I disappeared. We appeared of what looked like a dark pit.

"Tanner. It's been long since I've seen you." A man with dark blue armor said.

"Greetings, little brother." My older brother, Seth said.

I chuckled. "You left Mom for this, father? Really?" I said.

"It's a long story. But I bought you here for a reason." My father informed.

I crossed my arms. "I have a feeling you didn't bring me here to say hello." I said. That's when Morticon came with the silver magic staff.

He handed it to me. "What is this?" I asked, looking at the magic staff.

"It's the silver magic staff. It has the power of the silver dragon. This magic is more powerful then the Power Rangers magic combined, you can defeat them with this." Morticon explained.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you giving it to me, though? Isn't Seth more better for the job?" I asked.

This made Seth smirk. "See? Even Tanner agrees with me, father." Seth said. Morticon shook his head.

"It has to be you. I believe that you can harness this power." Morticon said.

"What do you say, son? Do you accept?" Dylan asked. I looked at the magic staff for a while. Maybe fighting good will get my mind off of being a motocrosser.

"All right. I accept." I said.

"Good. You will work at the music shop where the Rangers work. You will act as their friend and when evil comes you will fight with them and then betray them when the time comes." Morticorn explained.

"I just have one question though." I said.

"And what is that?" Morticon asked.

"How am I gonna hide this? I can't just go around town carrying a magic staff. People will get suspicious." I said. That's when the magic staff turned into a phone.

"That's your morpher. It looks exactly like the ones the Rangers have. That way it won't be suspicious." Morticon said. I nodded. "Now go, my Silver Ranger." He continued as I disappeared.

"Look out, Rangers. Because the Silver Ranger has joined the party..."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: I'm finally done with the first chapter! I already have the second book ready and writing the first chapter of it. Man, I need to slow down.

Word Count: 834 words.