Chapter Six: Earth And Ice, Part 3.

A/N: This is the last chapter until I get into the episodes! This is where Xander finally breaks the spell. Enjoy!

EDITED ON JANUARY 12TH, 2019 @ 8:51PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER SIX - EARTH AND ICE, PART 3

𝓧𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁

"PREPARE FOR YOUR DESTRUCTION, GREEN RANGER!"

I took a deep breath. I knew I needed to do this. I needed to free Tanner on my own. I got out my staff and began fighting Tanner. I knew that talking with him wasn't going to break the spell. I began fighting him. "Magic Staff! Vine Power!" I shouted as vines headed towards Tanner. "Magic Staff! Ice Power!" Tanner shouted as he froze the vines.

"I think it's safe to say that I saw that one coming." I think to myself. I continued fighting with him, wondering how I was going to break the spell. I had no idea how I could do it. "Udonna! This is getting no where! How am I supposed to break the spell over him?" I asked.

"You have to hit him in the head with your magic and knock him out. Only then the spell will break." Udonna replied. "What? I can't do that! He's my best friend!" I said. "You have too, Xander. It's the only way to save him." I heard Nick say.

I sighed. "Alright." I finally said. I continued fighting Tanner. "Why do you wanna break the spell so bad? I'm perfectly fine the way I am." Tanner informed. Mine and his magic staff crossed together. "In case you haven't noticed, Tanner. We are your friends. I am your best friend. And friends help each other in need, so whether you like it or not I'm gonna save you!" I shouted as I used my magic to attack him.

My magic ended up hitting his head as he demorphed. I watched as a black mist exited his body. He was finally free. I picked him up bridal style and headed back to Root Core. "Set him on the bed." Udonna ordered.

I nodded as I set him down. Udonna went to check on him. "He's in a coma. You must've hit him pretty hard." Udonna said. "That doesn't matter. The good thing is that Tanner is free from the spell. We'll ask questions when he wakes up." Nick said. The rest of us nodded. I couldn't help but look at Tanner as I did.

The next few days I couldn't focus on at work. I was too worried about Tanner. I wasn't paying attention when I dropped a music record. "Xander, you okay?" Madison asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. Madison sighed. "Tanner is gonna be just fine, Xander. Don't worry about it." She told me. I picked up the music record and placed it on display after making sure it wasn't broken.

After work, I headed to Root Core along with the others. "How's Tanner doing?" I asked. "He's doing better, hasn't woken up yet though." Clare answered. I nodded as I headed over to him. I took his hand. "Hey, Tanner. It's Xander. Please wake up. We need you." I said.

I heard a groan as I looked at Tanner. He opened his eyes. "Xander? Where am I?" Tanner asked. "You're in Root Core." Nick answered. Tanner finally realized what was happening and sat up. "Root Core? But I'm—" He started off. "Free from the spell. Xander broke you from it." Chip told him.

"I know you have so much on your mind right now. But we would like you to join our team." Nick said as everyone else nodded. "Join you? After everything I did to you guys? Why do you want me to join?" Tanner asked. "You're our friend, Tanner. Besides, we forgave you for what you did to us. We know you were not yourself and that you were under a spell." Madison explained. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

Tanner stayed silent for a moment, probably to process all of this in. "Alright, I'll join you guys." He finally said. Everyone smiled as they went and did their own thing. Tanner looked at me. "Xander I'm—" He started off. I said nothing as I hugged him. "It's alright, Tanner. I forgive you. I know you were under a spell and you had no control of what you were doing. Don't worry, all is forgotten." I said. Tanner smiled as he hugged me back.

"Best friends again?" Tanner asked.

"Always." I replied.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: I know this chapter is short but I haven't updated this book since August. And I wanted to update it. Hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 772 words.