Chapter Twenty-Eight: Light Source, Part 1.

A/N: Hello, readers! Enjoy the chapter!

EDITED ON MAY 28TH, 2019 @ 11:12PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT - LIGHT SOURCE, PART 1

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE WERE ALL WORKING AT the Rock Porium when we see Toby running in. "Top of the morning, Toby." Xander said. "Oh, and what a fine morning it is. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I feel like a new man." Toby said.

"Okay, okay, where's all this newfound energy coming from?" Xander asked. "Well, a few weeks back, I was blading home from work, eating a jelly doughnut, when I began to huff and puff. I couldn't even jump the curb. So, I decided it was time to turn over a new leaf. Diet and exercise are the new name of the game." Toby replied.

"That's great, Toby. Good for you." Vida said. "You know, I feel great. My body is a machine." Toby said as he entered his office. "What's up with Toby?" Nick asked. "He's a machine." Chip replied. We all laughed. Leelee then came up to us. "Okay, brilliant-idea alert. We can start an exercise club. I'll organize everything. We can come in early three times a week, do yoga, and on the weekends, we can play soccer." Leelee said.

Chip, Vida, Xander, and I walked away, uninterested. "Leelee, just stop trying. You don't belong here. We don't trust you, and we never will. Can't change who you are." Nick said. Nick was busy organizing the music records. "Hey." Madison said. "Yeah?" Nick asked. "Don't you think you were a little hard on Leelee?" Madison asked.

"Ugh, here we go." Nick groaned. "Look, I'm not a big fan of hers, especially after we found out who she is. But I hate to see anyone crushed." Xander said. "I agree with Xander. I usually have this feeling about people. But I can tell Leelee is trying to change." I added.

Nick sighed. "Think I was too harsh, Chip?" Nick asked. "I've seen tigers with less teeth." Chip replied. "Guys, just because she looks cute and harmless doesn't mean she is. She's evil. Her mom is the vampire that almost got Vida. They took Udonna's powers? They made Tanner evil? Hello? We can't trust her." Nick explained.

"Yeah, look, I see your point." Vida said. "She does come from a long lineage of bloodsuckers." Chip added. That's when our Mystic morphers rang. "That's probably Leelee's guy now." Nick said as he opened his morpher. "Guys, Udonna's been captured. There's a Terror attacking the city." Daggeron informed.

"What'd I tell you? Come on." Nick said. We all rushed out of Rock Porium as we all dodged Toby who was coming in. We were all in our Megazords. "Hey, frog-brain!" Nick shouted as we attacked him. "All right, where's Udonna?" Madison asked. "Don't try and stop me or you'll never see her again!" Hekatoid replied.

That's when Hekatoid shrunk as we joined him. "You can't stop my plan! Wait till my babies rain down from the heavens!" Hekatoid exclaimed as we looked up at the sky. "What are you talking about?" Nick asked. "Look closer!" Hekatoid replied.

"Tadpoles?" Madison questioned. "Frog babies!" Xander exclaimed. "Poisonous frog babies! It's brillant!" Hekatoid said. "Frogs? Why did it have to be frogs?" Madison asked. We began fighting Hekatoid. He blew his horn as all of us disappeared. We all ended up falling. "Where are we?" Chip asked.

"Let me guess — a strange dimension?" Nick replied. Hekatoid then appeared. "It's time to play my game!" He exclaimed. "No games — where's Udonna?" Xander asked. "Play my game or you'll never see her again!" Hekatoid replied as foot soldiers appeared. "I'm not done explaining the rules. You only have until the clock runs out." Hekatoid said as a clock appeared.

We began fighting the foot soldiers. "Let's make this more interesting!" Hekatoid said as Xander, Chip, Madison, Vida, and I started glowing. "That's not fair!" Nick shouted. "It's my game, and time is running out!" Hekatoid informed. "Then I'm playing this my way!" Nick said as he got into Legendary mode. And then he changed into Red Dragon Fire Ranger.

Nick began fighting the foot soldiers. He finally destroyed all of the foot soldiers as the clock stopped and we were released. "All right, we've played your game. Now where is she?" Nick asked.

"This game's not over yet! Let's see how you do against more formidable opponents!" Hekatoid said as we disappeared. We fell to the ground. "What do you think he meant by "more formidable opponents?"" Chip asked. We all looked around and suddenly we saw copies of ourselves.

"It's us — but not." Chip said. "Let's see you defeat yourselves!" Hekatoid said as we all began fighting a copy of ourselves. I was fighting the Silver Ranger copy. But he kept beating me. That's when the Red Ranger copy turned Nick, Xander, and Vida into dice. "They turned them into dice!" Madison exclaimed. "I'll get them!" Chip said.

I grabbed the dice. "Hold on, guys." I said. I began fighting the Silver Ranger copy and the Green Ranger copy. Madison ended up destroying the pink and blue frog. Chip and I ended up defeating the Green Ranger copy, the Silver Ranger copy, the Yellow Ranger copy, and the Red Ranger copy. "We played your game. Now take us to Udonna!" Madison shouted. "As you wish!" Hekatoid said as we disappeared.

We appeared in a cave. "Return our friends!" I shouted as I took out the dice. The dice started glowing as Nick, Xander, and Vida appeared. "Now that you're all here, I'll add you to my collection." Hekatoid said. "Not so fast! Hand over Udonna or pay the price." Madison said. "You want to see her?" Hekatoid asked. "Now!" Madison replied. "Here's your beloved!" Hekatoid said as we saw Udonna in a cage unconsious. "Udonna!" We all shouted.

"She's my prize. And you will look wonderful by her side." Hekatoid said. "You're gonna pay for this, toad." Chip informed. "Yeah." We all agreed. "Code Five — Manticore Megazord!" We all shouted. We all got into our Megazord. "Now give her back!" Chip exclaimed. We began fighting Hekatoid.

We finally ended up beating Hekatoid. "Udonna!" We all said. We took her cage as we held it. "We got her!" Xander exclaimed. "Be careful." Nick said. "Yeah — she shouldn't have gone off alone." Chip said. "We have her back now. That's what's important. I'm just glad she's okay." Madison said. That's when Udonna got snatched out of our hands. We all gasped. Hekatoid got up.

"You snooze, you lose!" Hekatoid exclaimed as he attacked us and we fell to the ground.

"She's mine again!" Hekatoid said as he went into a portal.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Word Count: 1136 words.