Chapter Five: Earth And Ice, Part 2.

A/N: WOW, I haven't updated this in a while. I'm so sorry, everyone. I've been really busy. Enjoy the chapter!

EDITED ON JANUARY 10TH, 2019 @ 9:28PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER FIVE - EARTH AND ICE, PART 2

𝓧𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁

ALL OF US WERE BACK at Rock Porium. Tanner had never shown up for work. "I can't believe Tanner was acting the whole time." Madison said. "He was pretending to be our friend. I knew we shouldn't have trusted him." Nick added. "There's gotta be an explanation of why he is like this." Chip infomed.

"Like what, Chip?" Vida asked. Everyone was trying to figure out what happened to Tanner. But me? I was just staying silent. I couldn't believe my best friend betrayed me. I didn't know him that well. But then I realized, what were we gonna tell his twin sister Tessa? We just couldn't tell her that he joined a bunch of underground forces.

"Xander? Earth to Xander!" I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Vida snapping her fingers at me. "Yeah, Vida?" I said. "Didn't you hear us? We have to go to Root Core and tell Udonna about what happened with Tanner." Vida informed. "Right." I said.

We headed into Root Core. "Udonna! We have bad news! Tanner has—" Chip started off. "I know, Chip. Clare had a suspicion about him when he first arrived to Root Core." Udonna informed. "Wait. Yesterday, he asked me about if I had to pick a side between light and darkness which would I choose. Maybe he realized that fighting against evil was a mistake." Nick explained.

"Then how do you explain him attacking us?" Vida asked. I thought for a moment. Then I came up with something. "Udonna. What if Tanner was under a spell that made him evil? While we were fighting, I saw Necrolai blast him with some sort of energy. I think maybe it was a spell." I informed.

Udonna thought for a moment. "It is possible, Xander." She stated. "If Tanner is under a spell, we have to do everything we can to break it." Nick announced. That's when the crystal ball started to glow. "Speaking of Tanner, he's back." Madison said. We saw Tanner walking in the center of the town. "Come out, Rangers!" Tanner shouted. "Let's do it." Nick said.

We arrived at the location as Tanner turned around. "Well, Well, Well, look what the cat dragged in." Tanner smirked. "You were the one who called us, Tanner." I informed. "Now, now, Green Ranger. You don't wanna make me angry. Morticon found that out the hard way." Tanner stated. Everyone looked confused.

"What do you mean by that?" Nick asked. Tanner chuckled. "Let's just say he thought he could use me as a pawn and control me. And let's say that he's frozen under a block of ice right now." Tanner replied. He got out his morpher. "Dark Source, Evil Force!" Tanner shouted as he morphed. We morphed as well and we began fighting him. "Does anyone have an idea of how to get the spell off of him?" Nick asked us.

"Not a clue." Chip replied. "Magic Staff! Vine Power!" I shouted as vines attacked Tanner as he ended up getting demorphed. He groaned as he got up. "You'll pay for that, Green Ranger." Tanner said. That's when I watched his eyes become silver as ice came out of his right hand. Multiple ice shards stabbed me as I demorphed.

"Xander!" Madison shouted. "Did you see that, Udonna?" Nick asked. "I did. Nick, you and the others need to get back to Root Core immediately." Udonna responded. "Right." Nick said. Everyone demorphed as Vida and Madison helped me up and we headed to Root Core. We walked in. "We need to help Xander." Chip said. Clare took me and set me down on a bed. Then began pulling out the ice shards. "Clare be more gentle when you take them out will you?" I said.

"Sorry!" Clare apologized. She finally finished taking out the ice shards out of me. I limped over to join the others. "We need an explanation, Udonna." Vida informed. Udonna looked at us. "This is exactly why I didn't want anyone harnessing the silver magic staff and its power. It's too powerful. Tanner is powerful even when he is not morphed." Udonna explained.

"Then we need to break the spell and free Tanner." Chip said. "Yes, we do. But only Xander can do it." Udonna told us. I looked at her. "What? Udonna what are you talking about?" I asked. "I know this might not make sense to you, Xander. But Tanner seems to be very fond of you. After all you're the only one he attacks the most." Udonna explained. "Udonna is right." Nick agreed. "If anyone can break the spell off of Tanner, it's you man." Chip added. Madison and Vida nodded.

I sighed. Maybe they were right. "Alright, I'll do it." I finally said. We went over what I had to do and I headed over to the spot. "Tanner! Come out! I want to chat!" I shouted as I walked around. "You wanted me, Green Ranger?" I heard a voice say. I turned around behind me and saw Tanner wearing his cape with silver lines on his vest.

"You don't know what you're doing, Tanner. You're under a spell. I'm going to help you break it." I informed. Tanner laughed. "Spell? I'm perfectly fine, Green Ranger. After all, this is who Morticon created. He wanted a Ranger to defeat you and the others once and for all." He explained. I stepped closer. "This isn't who you are, Tanner. You belong with us. You're my best friend. I want the guy who I met at the Rock Porium. I want him back." I informed.

"Well, he's not coming back, now are we going to fight or what?" Tanner asked. I sighed once more. Talking was obviously not working. I guess I had to fight him. Tanner got his morpher out. "Dark Source, Evil Force!" Tanner shouted as he morphed into the Silver Ranger. I got out my morpher. "Magical Source, Mystic Force!" I yelled. I morphed and got ready to fight. "We don't have to do this." I told Tanner. He ignored me as he got out his staff.

"Prepare for your destruction, Green Ranger!"

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: Sorry that this took so long to update. I've been busy. Hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 1079 words.