Chapter Eight: Stranger Within, Part 1.

A/N: Hello, readers. Welcome to chapter eight! Enjoy!

EDITED ON JANUARY 13TH, 2019 @ 10:30PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER EIGHT - STRANGER WITHIN, PART 1

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE WERE JUST CLOSING THE Rock Porium as Leelee walked in. "Sorry, Leelee. We're closing." Nick told her. "Perfect. That means you have no excuses to for not taking me to see this great new DJ tonight." Leelee said as she showed the flyer.

I was at the counter with Vida. "That girl tries way too hard to be with Nick." I think to myself. "No can do. I already have plans." Nick replied. "Please?" Leelee begged. "Don't waste your time throwing yourself at him, Lee. Throw yourself at me." Xander said. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay you can come with me." Leelee said. "Cool." Xander said. "And he can't go, either. He's the one I have plans with." Nick stated as he came out of the office. Vida looked at the flyer. "DJ Fly— never heard of him. Any good?" Vida asked. "He's just like the hottest new DJ around. I'm surprised you haven't heard of him." Leelee replied.

"I better check this guy out." Vida said. "Great! You can go with me." Leelee told her. Suddenly, I got this massive headache. It's something that's always been happening with me since I became a Ranger. It came along with my ice powers and it's something I cannot control. It just happens. "You okay, Tanner?" Vida asked. "Fine." I replied, rubbing my head.

"Vida has plans, too." Nick said. "But there's new talent in town. Our plans can wait until tomorrow." Vida told him. Nick was showing Leelee to the exit. "No, they can't. You gave your word that you'd help, V. Thanks for the invite, Leelee. Some other time. We're closed." Nick told her as Leelee left. He closed the door. "We have half the Fire Heart scroll to figure out. Chip and Madison are waiting at Root Core remember?" Nick told us.

"Since when did you become Nick, the good witch of Briarwood?" Xander asked. I sighed as I followed them. "You coming, V?" Nick asked. "Be there in a few. I got some paperwork to catch up on." Vida answered. I followed Xander as Nick was right behind me.

We were all at Root Core. "I give up. Maybe we're not meant to find the secret of the Fire Heart." Xander said. "Come on. Don't give up. Never give up." Nick told us. "Wow. Nick, that's inspiring." Madison said. Nick sighed. "Yeah. That's what I thought when Udonna yelled it at me this morning when I was ready to quit." Nick stated.

"By the way, where is Udonna?" Nick asked. "Last time I saw Udonna, she was teaching Clare another invisibility spell." Madison replied. "Which could be the problem right there." Chip said. We laughed. Suddenly, Vida walked in. "Yo, crew. Sorry I'm late." Vida said. ""Late"? We haven't seen you since yesterday. That's— that's beyond late. So much for giving us your word." Nick said.

"Relax. You're not my dad. So I missed a night of saving the world. Good news is the world's still here." Vida informed. "Uh, V, it's not that you missed last night. You missed all day, too. It's nighttime again." Xander stated. "I was worried about you." Madison added. "Look. I'm sorry. I gave my word, and I blew it. It won't happen again." Vida told us.

"Hey. No problem, V. We all make mistakes." Chip stated. That's when Nick looked like he was in pain and we all rushed out into the forest. We stopped and saw foot soldiers coming out. We all got into a fighting stance. "Let's Ranger up!" Nick said. That's when Vida stood in front.

"Why bother?" She asked as she started fighting. We all watched her fight. "Man! Look at V go!" Nick said, sounding impressed. "This catching-up-on-your-sleep thing seems to be paying off for her." Xander added. I ended up getting a headache once more and couldn't really concentrate on Vida fighting. "These headaches keep getting more and more painful. Stupid ice powers." I thought, rubbing my head.