Chapter Ten: Petrified Xander.

A/N: Hello, readers. If you were confused on the last chapter. Let me explain. As you know, Tanner has powers even when he is demorphed. The headaches that he has are when he's about to have visions. He can see things happen before they happen. If that makes sense. Enjoy!

EDITED ON JANUARY 14TH, 2019 @ 11:16PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER TEN - PETRIFIED XANDER

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE WERE ALL AT THE Rock Porium. "Hey, Chip, any luck with you-know-what?" Vida asked. "Ha! I have outsold you by $12.50. I win the bet you owe me lunch." Vida stated. "Not so fast. Xander the Great still has four minutes to go." Xander informed. "Same here. And Xander the Great? Really?" I asked him.

That's when Leelee walked in. "Ah, Leelee." Vida said. "Can somebody help me here?" Leelee asked. "Afternoon, Leelee. You look like a Zeppelin fan. Can I interest you in something?" Xander asked. Leelee giggled.

"Nice zit... Rudolph." Leelee commented. "Zit?" Xander question. That's when he saw it as all of us laughed. He headed over to the mirror. "Oh, Xander the Great... big pimple!" Vida said.

"Oh, it totally ruins my perfect profile. This zit is like having an extra nose." Xander exclaimed. "That's it! Maybe the scroll to the Fire Heart is like two halves of the same face, minus the zit, of course." Chip informed.

We saw Leelee looking over toward us. "Shh!" Vida said. "Yes! Success!" Toby shouted from his office. He exited his office. "I finished this entire cryptomagnetic puzzle in just under 40 minutes. I should work for the CIA or the FBI. Or, better still, the Power Rangers." Toby said as we all gasped.

"Uh..." Chip muttered. "What'd I say?" Toby asked. "Nothing." Vida said. "Yeah, that's a great idea." Chip stated.  "You should, uh..." Vida started off. "Give them a call!" I added. "A call. Give them a call!" Toby said as he headed back into his office. We all sighed.

We were all at Root Core. "Yeah, and then it hit me. The mirror was the key. So, while Xander was staring at himself, and I was staring at Xander, the answer was staring at me." Chip explained as he grabbed the mirror from Xander. He placed the mirror in front of the paper.

"What mountain does that look like?" Chip asked. That's when it all hit us. "Mount Fuego! Yeah, Chip!" Nick, Madison, Vida, and I said at the same time. "Ah! It's working! Look, I finally did something right!" Claire exclaimed. "What did you do?" Xander asked.

"It's a potion I concocted to make sad, dull-looking flowers become perfectly gorgeous." Clare replied as she walked away. "It's perfection potion." Xander said. "Right, let's go. Fire Heart is waiting. We'll have to split up to cover that much territory." Nick informed as we started to leave. "Come on, Xander." Vida said.

We arrived at the Mount Fuego as we climbed up it. "V, Tanner, come quick!" Xander called. "What?" Vida asked. "Did you find it?" I added. "What? Oh, no, no, no. But look." Xander said as he turned his head. His zit was gone. "My perfect profile has been restored. I'm back. Xander's back." Xander said to us.

"This mountain ain't big enough for the four of us— You, me, Tanner, and your ego." Vida said. I chuckled as she continued onto the mountain. "Whoa, look at that." Vida said as she pointed to something that was shining. We rushed up to it.

"That's definitely the symbol." Xander said as Vida and I nodded. We headed inside the cave. "Be ready for anything." Vida told us. "Got it." Xander and I replied. That's when Xander stepped on something. "Hey! Watch out!" Xander warned. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away as green slime fell on Vida.