Chapter Two: It's Only Acting, Part 1.

A/N: Hey, guys! Here is the next chapter. This is where Tanner meets the other Rangers. Enjoy!

RE-EDITED ON MAY 6TH, 2017 @ 8:16PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER TWO - IT'S ONLY ACTING, PART 1

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

I WALKED INTO THE ROCK Porium music shop and took a look around. I was wearing a white shirt, black ripped up jeans and white Converse. Maybe I was going a little overboard with the whole Ranger thing. Okay, I was going a lot overboard then what was needed to be. "May I help you with something?" A guy asked. I looked at his nametag which said "Xander."

"Is your boss around?" I replied. "Yeah, Toby should be around here somewhere." Xander said. "Someone looking for me?" A man asked. "Yeah, Boss. This boy was asking for you." Xander informed. "What do you need?" Toby asked. "I was wondering if you need any employees? I'm trying to take my sister's advice and get a job. Since I can't be what I want to be." I answered.

"As a matter of fact. I am in need of employees. Since my current ones are always running off to who knows where." Toby said, looking at the current workers. I smiled. "I can't promise you that I won't run off, but I can try to be here when they are gone." I said.

"You're hired." Toby announced. "Great. When do I start?" I asked. "Right now." Toby said and handed me a work shirt with my name on it. I put it on and walked around the shop. I saw a girl up on the stage. I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder. She took off the headphones. "Hey. I'm Tanner. I'm your new co-worker so I thought that I would introduce myself." I said.

"Names Vida. My sister over there is Madison and the three guys are Nick, Xander, and Chip." Vida replied, introducing everyone. "All right. This is a good start. I know their names. Now onto step two." I think to myself. I hopped off the staging area and headed over to the music records. I decided I would put these new music records out since no one else was doing them.

I jumped when Xander tapped me on the shoulder. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Xander said. I chuckled. "It's fine. I'm not used to being around people." I lied. Xander nodded. "I totally understand. Being the new guy must be tough." Xander said. I chuckled.

"Yeah. It's pretty tough." I stated. "Hey. I was wondering if maybe we could be friends? You and I seem to have some things in common." Xander said. I realized that this was the perfect chance to be like one of them. "Sure. It'll be good to have a friend." I said.

"I'm just gonna betray you anyway." I thought. "Is that a morpher?" Xander asked, looking at my pocket. I pulled it out. "Yeah. I found it and it immediately got attached to me." I lied. I've sure been doing a lot of lying. Nick came up to Xander. "Udonna wants us at Root Core." He said. "Can Tanner come? I think he's a Ranger as well. He has a morpher just like us." Xander explained.

I showed Nick my morpher. Nick nodded. "Yeah. We'll explain it to Udonna." He said. They ran out of the shop with me following them. We entered a forest and all of their clothes changed. They were now wearing capes and their respective color.

I looked at my own clothes and saw that I was wearing a cape expect my lines were silver. I followed them to a cave that had a dragon head. "This must be their base." I think to myself. I was behind Xander as I followed them into their base. "What's the problem, Udonna?" Nick asked. Udonna looked at me. "We have a new Ranger?" Udonna asked as she looked at me. "I'm Tanner. Nice to meet you." I greeted.

"Anyways Udonna, what's the problem?" Nick asked again. "Right. There's trouble at the center of the town." Udonna explained. We looked into the magic crystal ball. I saw Koragg and Necrolai in it. "Looks like we gotta stop them." Nick informed.

"You guys ready?" Nick asked pulling out his morpher. "Ready." The rest of us said as we pulled out our morphers as well. "Magical Source! Mystic Force!" We all said, raising our morphers in the air. My suit looked a lot like theirs expect I had dragon like ears on my helmet. Once we were done, we headed out to defeat Koragg and Necrolai.

I had to remind myself that this was only acting.

And I knew that once they found out the truth, they wouldn't forgive me...

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: Sorry that this chapter took forever. My mom is stressing me out since my sister is getting a GED and won't be having a cap and gown ceremony and I will be my mom's last chance at getting a cap and gown ceremony. So i've been working extra hard to pass all my classes and get the credit that I need. Hope you enjoyed.

Word Count: 863 words.