Chapter Twenty-Two: Heir Apparent, Part 1.

A/N: Whoop! Welcome to the next chapter. Enjoy!

EDITED ON MAY 23RD, 2019 @ 10:48PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - HEIR APPARENT, PART 1

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE WERE ALL WATCHING NICK and Daggeron train. "Sorry, young warrior. Next time, I'll take it easy on you." Daggeron said. "Don't even think about it." Nick told him as he stood up. I was sitting in between Xander and Chip. "Why doesn't he use his laser lamp?" Xander asked Udonna.

"In bound battle training, only swords can be used and no magic. Daggeron is very skilled in this technique." Udonna explained. "Because I was taught by the best. Now Nick is going to be beat — I mean, taught — by the best." Daggeron said.

Vida laughed. "I see that humility doesn't set in as one reaches, uh, middle age." Nick stated. "Ooh!" Vida said. "Need some ice for that burn, Daggeron?" I asked. "Middle age?" Daggeron questioned. Nick just laughed. They headed for each other again. "Nick's got this one wrapped up." Vida commented. "Oh, it's not over yet." Xander informed.

Nick caught Daggeron's sword and handed it back to him. "Ohh, you had him. Don't give him his sword back." Vida said. We all cheered for Nick. "Good work, Nick. You took me fair and square, and you did it with honor." Daggeron said. Nick helped him up. "I just got lucky." Nick said. "There's no luck here. Your skill is growing stronger." Daggeron stated.

"In fact, you have all improved." Daggeron told us. "Thanks to you." Madison said. "You were taught by the best, and so are we. Maybe one day we can be as good as Leanbow." Chip said. Daggeron stuttered. Chip looked at Udonna. "I'm sorry, Udonna. I told Chip about your husband. He promised not to say a word." Daggeron said. "And I didn't... until now." Chip said. "Does someone want to fill us in?" Xander asked.

"Udonna, he was a great man, a hero. Perhaps it's time they learned about him." Daggeron informed. "Yes. It's time we told you the whole story." Udonna agreed. We were all back at Root Core. I was sitting next to Xander. "Before the Great War, Leanbow and I lived happily with our baby. His name was Bowen." Udonna started off.

"Leanbow was my mentor." Daggeron added. "The forces of evil attacked, and we fought them on all fronts. Leanbow fought bravely, but Morticon and his troops were too strong. We needed a plan, so Leanbow met with Niella and myself." Daggeron continued. "He always did things his way." Udonna commented. "I remember, and it was always the honorable way." Daggeron said.

"Niella and I prepared for the final battle. Then we were joined by someone we thought was our friend." Daggeron continued. "But I thought Calindor was your enemy." Chip said. "He is, and having once been a dear friend, it made the betrayal cut all the deeper. When the battle was taken to the Surface World, I knew the forces of darkness would be after our child. Bowen, born of magical blood, would have the power and the potential to stop their evil domination." Udonna said.

"As I left with Bowen... I was attacked by Calindor." Daggeron said. "Dark magic gave Calindor more power than ever. In the end, our magics collided, and we were both cursed. As for Bowen, we now know Phineas found him and brought him to the safety of the human world." Daggeron continued.

"So your son is alive? Somewhere." Madison said. "Yes, somewhere." Udonna told her. "Leanbow led the fight and banished the armies of the darkness to the underworld. Then he continued the battle behind the gates — alone. Leanbow and Niella gave their lives to save us all." Udonna finished.