Chapter Sixteen: Soul Specter.

A/N: Whoop! Chapter sixteen! Y'all already know what to do by now. Enjoy!

EDITED ON JANUARY 23RD, 2019 @ 8:46PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER SIXTEEN - SOUL SPECTER

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE ARRIVED AT A PARK where monsters were taking people's life force. "Get those people to safety!" Daggeron informed. Daggeron was fighting off Hideaks while the rest of us were trying to get the civilians to safety.

"Get out of here!" I shouted as I fought off a few Hideaks that were trying to grab a man. Chip tried to save a man and his daughter but ended up being too late as their souls were sucked into a monster. The monsters ended up disappearing. "Hey, Chip!" Nick said. "Are you okay?" Madison asked.

"Yeah, but these people aren't. I couldn't save them." Chip replied. "You tried your best." Daggeron informed. "But it wasn't good enough." Chip said as he clenched his fist. We were all at Root Core. "See anything, Xander?" Chip asked. "No, no traces of dark magic anywhere in the city." Xander replied. "Madison? Tanner?" Chip asked us.

I quickly covered the book that I was reading on my visions. "No spells that can restore those people's life force." Madison replied. "Yeah, it's like we actually have to get their life force back from that monster." I added. "Keep looking." Chip told us. "Yeah." Madison said. "Chip, we're doing everything we can to help those people. This isn't your fault." Daggeron informed.

"Yes, it is. I was supposed to protect them, and I blew it!" Chip said. Jenji was feeding Fire Heart. "What a chowhound! He's cute. I like him." Jenji said. "He sure is hungry." Vida commented. "Maybe you're feeding him too much." Nick added. "Well, I've always found it pays to give a dragon all he wants to eat before he wants to eat you." Udonna stated. Jenji threw the food at Fire Heart as we all laughed. That's when Nick was suddenly in pain.

"What's wrong?" Daggeron asked. "It's Koragg. He wants to fight you." Nick answered. "Fight Koragg?" Jenji asked. "Very well. Tell him to meet me in the twilight dimension." Daggeron said. Udonna stopped him. "Be careful. Koragg is a fierce warrior." Udonna informed. "I'll say." Jenji agreed.

"I can handle him. Remember, I was taught by the best." Daggeron said. He used his train card to summon his train. "Guys, we got action, too." Xander informed. We rode on our brooms. "The dark magic's signal was right around here." Xander said. We saw Spydex come out as we moved out of the way. "I'll get you this time!" Chip said. That wasn't until Spydex attacked us.

Chip got up and began attacking him. "Hey! I'll get the life force! Magic Staff!" Nick shouted as the life force came out of Spydex's shell. "It's mine!" Chip yelled as he grabbed it. "Good one, Nick!" Chip said.

That's when Gnatu grabbed the life force from Chip. "Up here, Ranger." She said. "You snooze, you loose." She added. We watched as she threw the life force back to Spydex. We chased after him. We watched as he made a spider web around himself.

"You up for this, Xander?" Nick asked. "Yeah." Xander replied. "Come on, guys! We can do this!" Nick said. Madison and Vida agreed. "I guess now is not a good time to mention I'm scared of heights." I informed. "I'll protect the web." Chip stated. One by one, Nick, Xander, Madison, Vida, and I stepped onto the web.

"Don't look down. Don't look down." I told myself. Spydex fired at us as Xander fell and caught onto the web. "Hang on, Xander!" Madison called. Madison and Vida ended up falling but Xander caught them right on time. Nick and I were still dealing with Spydex who ended up throwing both of us off. "Magic Staff!" Nick yelled as both of us fell on cusions.

Chip succeded in taking down Spydex from his web. That wasn't until Spydex grew big. We all rushed over to him. "Hey, nice work!" Nick said. "Thanks!" Chip said. "It's Megazord time!" Xander shouted. We ended up making our Megazord. Spydex fired at us as we dodged.

We attacked him as he fell to the ground and the life force came out. We demorphed and headed to the ground. Until we got attacked. "Yes, I'll take that. Spydex!" Gnatu said as they disappeared. "Great. We lost them again." Xander said.

We all saw something behind a block. "What's this?" Chip asked. "Wait, Chip I don't think you should—" Madison started to say. "I have a bad feeling about this." I informed. Chip opened it up and that's when something went inside of him. We all rushed towards him. We opened his shirt and saw a black hole. "Bye-Bye, Yellow Ranger." Necrolai said. She flew away.

Udonna came out of Root Core as Chip groaned. "Udonna, what's happening to him?" Madison asked. "Let me see." Udonna replied. Chip lifted his shirt. "A soul specter. The specter is devouring his soul from the inside." Udonna explained. "There's got to be a way to get that thing out of him." Vida said.

"The staff of Topaz is the only thing that can draw out a soul specter." Daggeron informed. "Where is it?" Xander asked. "Let's go get it." Nick added. "No. Briarwood is under attack. You need to stay here. I'll take Chip to the staff." Daggeron said. "Daggeron, the staff is at the top of Mount Isis. You know what a treacherous journey that is." Udonna said. We arrived just in time. "Pesky Rangers!" Gnatu exclaimed. "Not so fast!" Nick shouted.

Gnatu attacked us as we fell to the ground. Madison and Vida were fighting Gnatu while Nick, Xander, and I were fighting Spydex. All of us got thrown to the ground one by one. Gnatu attacked us once more. "Weaklings!" Gnatu commented. "It's not over!" Nick shouted as he tried to get up.

"Ready for some fireworks, Spydex?" Gnatu asked as she placed the life force into a container. "Come on, Rangers! We got to hang in there!" Nick said. We all stood up. "This one's for Chip!" Nick exclaimed as we headed to fight. We began fighting Gnatu once more. "I'm through with you! Let's get this party started!" Gnatu said as she lit up her finger as she set it to the match.

Chip came through just in time as he destroyed the flame. "Chip! You're okay!" Nick said. "Never been better. Now let's show them how it's done!" Chip said. "Right!" We replied. We all jumped into the air as Daggeron got out the life force. "I'll take care of this. You get in there and fight." Daggeron said. We all got out our staffs.

"Magic Staff! Speed Spell!" Chip said. We all picked up our speed as we attacked one by one. Chip ended up destroying Spydex as the life force went back to its owners. "Don't forget about me!" Gnatu said as she grew big.

We all got in our Megazord as we threw her to the ground. "You messed with the wrong Ranger, lady!" Chip informed. Gnatu flew away. "Titan Megazord, take flight!" We all shouted. We attacked her as she fell to the ground. "Spirit of the Ancient Titans!" We all yelled. We attacked her as she was finally destroyed. We all cheered.

I was outside of the forest, waiting for someone. "Where is he? He's supposed to be here right about now..." I thought. "Well, well, little brother. It's been awhile." I heard Seth's voice say. "Seth..." I muttered.

"I'll have you know Father is mad at you for going to the good side. It's a shame really. Though Imperious can be a little overbearing." Seth said. "I didn't call you here to tell me about what's going on in the underground forces." I informed.

"Oh, yes. Do your little Ranger friends know that we're meeting?" Seth asked. I rolled my eyes and looked at him seriously. "All right. What do you need help with, little brother?" Seth asked. "I've been having visions. My recent one was about Solaris Knight coming to join my team and I. And it did happen. I've read books about it and it says it comes along with my ice powers." I explained.

"Why don't you ask Solaris Knight to help you out?" Seth asked. I sighed. "He's busy with... other things. Plus, he'll tell the rest of the Rangers. I don't want them to worry about me." I answered. "There's no way I'm telling him Daggeron is too busy training Chip to be a knight. He may be my brother, but he's still on the wrong side." I think to myself.

Seth thought for a moment.

"All right, I'll help you."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: There's chapter sixteen! Hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 1476 words.