Chapter Four: Earth And Ice, Part 1.

A/N: Here is the forth chapter! I'm trying to update this more frequently. You'll understand the title of this chapter in part three. Enjoy!

EDITED ON MAY 12TH, 2018 @ 8:53PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER FOUR - EARTH AND ICE, PART 1

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

IT WAS ANOTHER SUNNY DAY at Briarwood. I decided to go on a run during break with Xander coming along with me. "So this is what you do everyday?" Xander asked. I chuckled. "I try to work out. Usually my sister is my running partner. But she's working." I explained. "Which reminds me, Tanner. Where does your sister work anyway?" Xander asked.

I sighed. "She is a fashion designer. It was her dream job. Sometimes I like to think she likes rubbing it in my face that she got the job that she wanted and I didn't." I replied. Xander nodded. Suddenly, Necrolai, Koragg, and a monster showed up. "Greetings Rangers!" Necrolai said. I sighed. "You guys seriously couldn't pick another day to do this?" I asked. Xander chuckled at my comment.

"Why don't you tell your friend your little secret?" Koragg said to me. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I informed. Xander and I pulled out our morphers. "Ready?" Xander asked. "Ready." I replied. "Magical Source! Mystic Force!" We both said.

We morphed and headed for Koragg, Necrolai, and the monster. The rest of the Rangers then showed up. That's when Necrolai blasted me with some sort of magical energy as I demorphed. "Tanner!" Xander shouted. Koragg and Necrolai disappeared. "You okay?" Nick asked. I grabbed Xander's hand as he helped me up. "Yeah, I think I'm fine. But I feel different." I informed.

"Let's get back to the Rock Porium." Chip said. I just nodded and all of us headed back. I put on my work shirt and started helping out customers. That's when my twin sister walked in. She was wearing a pink blouse with denim ripped up jeans. She had her long blonde hair in a ponytail and she had black sunglasses on.

"Tess!" I shouted. She looked up. "Hello, Tanner. So I see you took my offer." Tessa said. I nodded. "Yeah. I met some great friends here too." I informed as Nick, Xander, Chip, Madison, and Vida came up behind me. "So this is your twin sister, Tanner?" Xander asked. "The one and only." Tessa replied, winking at him.

I saw Xander blush. "Okay, Tess. I know how you're really busy. And as you can see I'm busy too so you better get going." I said, pushing Tessa out the front door. I closed the door behind her and ran my fingers through my hair. "Sorry about my sister." I said.

"She seems like a nice girl, Tanner." Vida said. I sighed and continued working. That's what everyone said about my sister. How she was so nice. I suddenly stopped as white lightning surrounded me. "Tanner? Are you all right?" Xander asked. "I'm... not sure..." I stuttered as the lighting stuck me once again.

I ended up back in the dark pit. I was standing in front of Morticon and the rest of the Dark Empire. "So, Tanner. You think you can betray me? Have you forgotten who gave you those powers?" Morticon asked as he stepped in front of me. I stood up. "I don't wanna fight good, Morticon. The Rangers are the only friends that I have." I informed.

Morticon glared at me. "It looks like he didn't get much of the spell in him. Necrolai, blast him again." Morticon ordered. "As you wish." Necrolai replied as she blasted me with the magical energy again. I fell to the ground. "Now, I'll ask again, What are the Mystic Rangers to you?" Morticon asked.

I looked up. "They're my enemies." I replied. I got in the center of Briarwood. I was wearing my usual cape with white stripes. "Where are you Power Rangers? Come out and fight me!" I shouted, getting my morpher ready. I heard footsteps from behind me. I came face-to-face with Xander, Nick, Chip, Madison, and Vida. "Tanner? What this all about?" Nick asked. "Nothing, Red Ranger. Now are we gonna fight or what?" I replied. "Dark Source, Evil Force!" (A/N: I saw in one of the episodes that Koragg said that, please correct me if im wrong) I morphed and waited.

All of them looked at me. I looked over to Xander. He looked betrayed. "Magical Source, Mystic Force!" They all shouted in unison. They morphed and we started to fight. Koragg, Necrolai, and a monster showed up. I headed straight towards Xander. "What's wrong with you Tanner? We were your friends!" Xander shouted. He looked down.

"I thought I was your best friend." He muttered. I pulled out my staff, as I attacked him he blocked it with his staff. "Now that is just insulting. Me best friends with you? I fight with evil and you fight with good. We'll never be best friends." I claimed. "Magic Staff, Ice Power!" I shouted as ice went towards him.

Xander got thrown to the ground. "Xander!" Nick shouted, rushing up to him. "I can't do it. I can't fight him, Nick!" Xander exclaimed. "You have too. I know its hard. But he's not on our side anymore. He was just acting." Nick informed. I smirked.

"Looks like you're finally catching up to the point, Red Ranger." I said. I blasted all of the Rangers with ice. I laughed evilly. "Had enough, Rangers?" I asked. Nick got up. "Not even close, Tanner!" Nick shouted. I smirked. I hit them all with ice again. "Until we meet again, Rangers.." I informed and disappeared.

I arrived back at the dark pit. I demorphed, only wearing my cape with white stripes on my chest. "You could've finished them right then and there, Tanner! Don't tell me there's still some good in you!" Morticon roared. My eyes glowed silver as ice came out of my right hand, knocking Morticon down.

Everyone in the dark pit backed away. They knew how powerful the silver magic staff was. "I hate the Mystic Rangers, don't you dare say that I'm on their side." I informed. Morticon got up. I chuckled. "Don't even bother getting up, Morticon. You and I both know that I'm stronger then you. Perhaps you should let me take over." I suggested.

"This isn't why I gave you the silver magic staff. I gave you the ice powers so you can defeat the Rangers." Morticon explained. I got out my morpher. "What's wrong, Morticon? Scared for a challenge?" I asked as I morphed. I grabbed my staff and blasted ice at him.

"Is that all you got, Morticon?" I asked. No one knew what to do. I walked up to him as he was still on the ground. "Why not just give your throne to me. I think we can all agree that I'm more powerful then you." I informed. The Master suddenly came. "The Master has spoken. He wants Tanner to be the new leader." Koragg said. "What!" Morticon exclaimed.

I chuckled evilly. "Those Mystic Rangers have no clue what's coming to them..."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: Sorry that this chapter took forever to get out. But I hope your enjoyed!

Word Count: 1213 words.