Chapter Twenty-Four: The Light.

A/N: Welcome to the next chapter! Enjoy!

EDITED ON MAY 25TH, 2019 @ 10:25PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR - THE LIGHT

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

"WHAT'S UP, MADDY? You've been quiet all day." Xander said. "It's nothing. I'm just — I guess I'm a little sad, that's all." Madison replied. Xander, Chip and I looked at her. "I know I'm a Power Ranger, but come on. You guys are the ones that really, you know, lit it up. I don't feel like I did my share." Madison explained.

"Maddy, that's ridiculous. You're as much a part of the team as anyone." Xander informed. "Yeah." Chip and I agreed. Madison chuckled. "Thanks, but, um, let's get real here. Nick did the Catestros thing, Xander, you get all the spell codes. Chip, you saved Vida. Tanner, you have the most powerful magic out of all of us." Madison said.

"Oh, yeah." Chip said. " That was cool." Xander commented. "And Vida kicks butt, and I..." Madison trailed off. "Oh, actually, yeah. I did do something special. I got turned into a stone statue, and everyone had to come and save me. Awesome." Madison said.

"Well, that went well. I think we really cheered her up." Chip said as Xander high fived him. "No luck." Xander said to Vida. "Oh, Who are you guys? Do you know what happened to my employees?" Toby asked. "We're right here, boss." Xander replied. "Uh, no. I mean the ones who are never here for more than an hour without running off and not telling me where they're going." Toby said.

"Oh, sarcasam? Well, there's a simple explanation for that. Tanner?" Xander looked at me. "Uh, we like to go on... uh, Chip?" I said. "Uh, well, I-It's simple, boss. We're the Power Rangers, and we have to go fight the bad guys." Chip stated.

Toby stayed silent. "Yeah, yeah, right. You're the Power Rangers. That's good." Toby said as he laughed. "Power Rangers." Toby muttered as he went into his office. Xander and I looked at Chip. "The truth is always the hardest to believe." Chip commented. We were all at Root Core.

"Oh, come on, Daggeron. You can tell us. What's this meeting about?" Chip asked. "I'm in the dark as much as you are about this meeting." Daggeron replied. "Come on, Fire Heart! Come and get your oats!" Daggeron said as he tossed the bag of oats in. "He likes his oats toasted." Daggeron told us. "I'm glad you could all make it." Udonna said. "Is everything all right?" Nick asked.

"Yes... and no. Clare, you have been a wonderful apprentice. You'll make an amazing sorceress." Udonna started off. "Daggeron, I am so happy you have come back into my life." Udonna continued. "Vida, Chip, Xander, Tanner, Madison, you have far exceeded any expectations I had of you when we began this journey." Udonna said to Vida, Chip, Xander, Madison and I.

She finally turned to Nick. "Bowen, Nick, my son. You have grown into the man I always hoped you would be." Udonna finished as she had her hands on his shoulders. Nick chuckled. "What's going on? You're leaving?" Nick asked. "I am. Somewhere out there is my husband, Leanbow. I'm going to find him and bring him home." Udonna replied. "We'll go with you."  Vida said. "No, you're needed here. This is something I must do alone." Udonna informed.

We were all at the Rock Porium working. I was putting out new music records when Toby walked in. That's when our morphers suddenly beeped. "Uh, be right back, Toby!" Vida called as all of us left Rock Porium. We all raced to the location. "Nothing unusual." Chip said. "That's strange. The reading on the morpher said the dark energy here was off the chart." Xander stated.

That's when it suddenly got dark. "You were saying?" I asked. A curtain suddenly opened. "Now, this is a wild guess, but could it be referring to that?" Chip asked. Something suddenly appeared. "Now this — this could really be the end of the world." Chip continued to say. Daggeron then showed up. Monsters started appearing on the makeshift stairs.