Stargazing | Johnny Cade | The Outsiders

'Hiya Johnny' said Y/N coming out of her house putting her jacket on. She walked down to him and joined him in his walk. 'hey" he said as they walked up to the playground , which was just opposite Y/N's house."Lets lay for a bit" she suggested and he nodded.

Johnny watched as as Y/N lay down on the grass gently. He loved the way her hair spread out around her perfect face. He loved the way she smiled as she stared into the sky , her eyes moving as they inspected every little detail they could catch in the sky. Sighing he lay down , closely, but not to close, next to her .

"Its such a beautiful night" she whispered

Like you he thought and blushed. "No?" she asked , turning her head to look at him. It was dark so Y/N couldn't see the tinge of red on his cheeks. "Y-Yeah" he stammered. She smiled as turned her head to face the sky. "Where you gonna sleep tonight Johnny?" she asked after a while. He sighed , running his hand through his dark hair.

"probably at the lot or maybe at Ponyboy's place." he replied. Her face slackened a bit , showing a bit of disappointment but Johnny didn't catch it. " Kay." she said and went silent.

Confused Johnny looked at her.

"What?" she asked after a while.

"Nothing , Nothing!" he said quickly and looked up again.

A few minutes of awkwardness passed between them. He heard her release another sigh again suddenly he felt warmth flooding through his hand. Then he realised that Y/N had her hand on his. She quickly took it off , turning red. He smiled to himself.

"Uh....how was school"" he asked trying to start a conversation.

"Great" she replied quickly .

More awkwardness passed between them.

Then she sat up and said "uh..i guess i should head back ..." trailing off.

He put his head down ."Oh!..uh...sure..like ..if you want..to..NOT..that im saying you should..like...um....like go.. you want to-" he got cut off by a laugh. Nervous he looked up to see her smiling.

"Johnny!" she exclaimed with a smile on her face.

"What?" he asked

"Your so cute sometimes" she said laughing

Johnny's face heated up.

"Uh...." he stuttered.

She smiled and walked up closer and hugged him. Her embrace warm, flooding him with a sense of belonging,love and warmth. Feelings he hardly had ever felt his entire 16 years.

She pulled away , but didn't step back. Her breath was warm on his face . She smelt of mint and coconut for some reason. Then suddenly he felt a touch of warmth his lips and she stood on her toes to peck him lips.Then she immediately pulled back , red from embarrassment and said quickly

" sorry Johnny ..i ...i shouldn't of-"

"-no ..no it was amazing" he said quietly cutting her off.

She looked up her eyes shining which made Johnny grin.She smiled to and started turning away when he said nervously"uh....we'll catch up again.....wont we?" he asked nervously.

She looked back grinning.

"I would love to " she whispered quietly.

Then she turned and quickly walked off up to her house. He watched her as she ran up to the door and stopped for a second.

If she looks back , she likes you Johnny , she likes you very much said a voice inside him. Look back! it said again

Y/N looked over her shoulder smiling shyly and then opened the door and walked in. He could've of sworn their was a bit of a jump to her walk.

Smiling Johnny turned away , putting his hands to his lips and trying to bring back the feeling of his best-friends lips upon his.