Part 2 | Don't Care | Ponyboy | The Outsiders

Requested from Quotev! 

I had to do a part 2 to this Oneshot anyway! :) 

~~~

Y/N stared out of the balcony into the city of New York. She sighed sadly. 5 years.It had been 5 years since she had left her town in Oklahoma and come to New York to study . 5 years since she'd left Ponyboy.

"Oh my Pony." she sighed trying not to tremble.

How he'd shouted at her that day 

  "I DONT CARE Y/N I DONT CARE!"  

"He doesn't care." she whispered .

How long had she'd tried to hide from the truth

The truth that Ponyboy didn't care about her at all. 

"I have to go back though." she said again

"My family,My friends....the world doesn't revolve around Pony" she told herself stubbornly

Sighing she closed her eyes and felt the cool air of New York city.The rush of the cars , horns blaring here and there , the occasional shout , she had grown accustomed to it.It was her home now.

A memory slowly emerged from within and she was suddenly standing in the rain with arms around her waist.

Y/N giggled as Ponyboy pecked her neck.

"Pony! " , she exclaimed , half amused , half embarrassed , "Someone could see us! " 

"I don't care." he whispered and kissed her full on the lips in the middle of the street , standing in the rain.

She smiled sadly. That night when Ponyboy had brought Y/N home drenched both with rain , Darry had shouted at him.Y/N had then taken Ponyboy to his room and she remembered the events that had occurred that night.

She laughed , wiping a stray tear of her cheek. 

"I still love you Pony, I always have and always will"

*******TIME SKIP 2 DAYS AFTER ******

Y/N hopped of the bus , her feet landing in her home town. She was wearing black pants, ankle boots and a nice formal blazer over her  blouse .

A bit to formal for my part of town she thought after a while I probably look like a Soc 

The people were giving her looks as she passed the so called "line" which separated the Greasers from the Soc's. 

Town hadn't changed much.Y/N noticed a few buildings here and there that had just changed colours. 

She passed by a group of teenage greasers hanging around near the petrol station , looking bored and smoking  cigarettes. 

Now Y/N really disproved of that. She had never let Pony smoke in front of her. She hated it. Im the only Greaser here with sense she thought angrily as one of the greasers winked at her slyly. She glared back. 

She shouldn't of done that

The greasers immediately straightened up , embracing the new opportunity to find amusement.

She started walking a bit quicker

They think im a Soc

"Oi!." said a heavy set voice from behind her. She started walking faster. 

"Hey!"the shouted and soon Y/N was running

They chased her down the strert

God dammit I cant run in these damn boots she thought angrily and quickly slipped them off. She took of her sock and then continued running. Y/N was fast.Very Fast. The greasers soon realised that. She sped down the main road , past some houses , a DX gas station.