🌻Always | Tommy | Dunkirk🌻

A/N: Requested by abbychristinej

Sorry this took soooo long!!

I hope you like it!! :D 

Read on

-------------------------------------

Abigail Justice handed out the bread spread with jam to a soldier.

"Thanks Missus." he grunted and shuffled away. She nodded and tucked in a strand of hair behind her ear. 

Her keen blue eyes regarded the sight before her. It was devastating. A nurse came up to her and took the tray from her saying "Thank you officer, I'll do the rest now." and continued handing out the bread.

"What have we done-?" she muttered to herself when a voice replied for her.

"Bloody gotten 'urselves into a mess."

She whirled and came face to face with dark curious eyes. 

She stared at the man in front of her. He was handsome. Very. His face was narrow with high cheek bones and brown small freckles all over his face.

"Thank you for your opinion ." she said and he looked down.

"Y-your eyes are very blue miss'us" he commented and Abigail turned slightly red, flipping her brown hair back, she smiled, regaining her previous posture and turned around when he placed a hand on her shoulder.

 Immediately she felt a tingly feeling spread around her shoulder. She turned, here eyes wide. 

"What-?" he asked staring at her wide eyes.

"Wh-a-at-? she asked as well, confused.

"Oh, I wanted to ask you, miss, why are you here-?"

"Its my boat." she stated as if it was obvious.

He shook his head.

"Not here, here, but like, here, within the war-?"

She sighed.

She had been asked this question so many times.

She was a woman. That was the problem for those arrogant men.

She started walking and he pulled up beside her as she walked and talked. 

"It's a long story." she started.

He looked at her as if waiting for her to continue. 

"Uh., well, it started when my father died and my mother was left as widow-" she started talking about her past. 

He nodded and looked at her with interest. As she talked she could feel his eyes burning into her and she felt uncomfortable.

Pull up your game, Abigail, your an English Navy Officer here. she told herself fiercely. She had never been looked in the eyes of men as a beauty, when she had been back in her home. She was just a normal girl in the end. This was the first time a young man had taken notice towards her. 

And such a handsome one she thought, as he grinned lopsidedly at a small joke she made about her younger brother. She smiled an looked up to meet his eyes. They held each others gaze. He started leaning forward when suddenly everything blacked. 

An alarm started sounding and people started screaming.

The young man swore and grabbed her hand, sending another set of tingles up her arms. 

She pulled away and shouted at him to go find the other officer and he nodded, reluctantly. 

Suddenly water started pouring in. Fast.