Happiness Is The Cure~Father Rin X Sick Mother Reader~Oneshot

VIDEO: Rin Okumura - Skillet - Falling Inside The Black

(N/N)=Nick Name

(H/C)=Hair Colour

I wake up to the feeling of a comforting, soft breeze, and strong arms wrapped around me. I usually love these moments in the morning, but I feel a terrible headache. I softly groan, and then mentally hit myself, because now I woke up Rin.

"Are you alright?", My beloved asks, I sigh and shake my head slightly, feeling the headache growing by the second.

"What's wrong?", He questions urgently, concern and worry controlling his tone and emotions.

"It's just a headache", I state, he nods and pulls me closer to him, resting his chin on my head.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you", He says in a gentle tone, I manage to laugh at his comment.

"Are you sure?", I question with a cheeky grin, he cringes and looks down at me.

"So what, I nearly burned down the kitchen, that doesn't count", He states with a huff, I raise my eyebrows at him, mentally saying 'Seriously'.

"Ok, and I broke a window", He says,

"Two windows", I state,

"That one was Kuro's fault", He replies sheepishly,

"The door, and the couch", I add,

"The couch was your daughters fault", He replies,

"Was not! You set it on fire!", Kanade shouts, Rin glares at our five-year-old daughter whom is walking into our room. I rub the bridge of my nose, breathing in and out, hoping it will calm down the burning pain in my head.

"Are you okay mother?", She questions, jumping onto the bed and placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm alright", I state with a gentle smile, brushing (H/C) hair away from her face.

"Mother has a headache", Rin states,

"Ohhhh", Kanade replies,

"So we're going to take good care of her", Rin adds, I cringe at the thought, hoping that I don't need to fix the couch, AGAIN. Rin chuckles at my expression, already knowing what I'm thinking the outcomes going to be.

"Don't worry, I will be careful", He says, gently kissing me on the forhead, and standing up, obviously going to make breakfast.

"I will look after daddy", Kanade says with a reassuring smile, I chuckle and nod in response.

"Come on, my little chef", Rin says with a chuckle, she giggles and jumps into her father's arms.

"Lets go make breakfast", He adds

"Pancakes?", She questions, her blue eyes lighting up in excitement, Rin turns to me, wanting my opinion on this idea. I nod and laugh in response, Rin and Kanade grin, as I pinch myself so I don't groan in pain. This headache is a lot worse than I originally thought it would be.

"Pancakes it is then", Rin states,

"Yaaaaay", Kanade cheers, I chuckle and watch them walk out to head to the kitchen. I lay back down with a sigh, hearing a soft 'Meow', as Kuro walks into the room. The small cat like demon jumps onto the bed, gracefully walking towards me. I smile and stroke its fur, my smile widening when I hear purring. Kuro snuggles close to me, enjoying this moment as much as I am. I continue to pet Kuro until my eyelids start to droop, forcing me to fall asleep.

~

I wake up to someone gently kissing me on the forehead, and of course it's my beloved, Rin.

"Wake up (N/N)", Rin says, I yawn softly, and perch on my elbows, smiling as I see Kuro yawning as well. I stand up, feeling a little dizzy, but Rin is there to steady me.

"You alright?", He questions, as I nod and give him and reassuring smile, chuckling as Kuro jumps onto my shoulder. The little demon has taken a great liking to me, which I'm grateful for. Rin chuckles and takes my hand, leading me to the kitchen.

"(N/N), I love you so much", Rin says, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head, I sigh and nod in response.

"What did you break?", I question, Rin sighs and looks down in defeat,

"The couch", He mumbles, I shake my head and laugh,

"I called it", I state, gently kissing him on the cheek and continuing to walk to the kitchen.

"Don't worry, I'll fix it", He states with a reassuring smile, Kuro laughs at Rin, as he glares at his familiar.

"Daddy, breakfast is done", Kanade states, I walk in to see her covered in flour head to toe. I laugh, noticing that the kitchen is really clean, I guess Rin did some cleaning before I woke up.

"You're a fantastic cleaner", I say, Kuro laughs even louder, nearly falling off my shoulder in the process.

"S-Shut up Kuro", He says, giving the small demon a death glare, if looks could kill. Rin guides me over to the dinner table, placing glasses of juice on the the soft wood, as my daughter puts the pancakes down. I sit down and laugh when I see Kanade and Rin poking tongues out at each other. They sit down as well, while Kuro heads over to a bowl filled with catnip wine. I chuckle and start eating, humming in delight at my husband and daughter's cooking. Well she definitely got the cooking from Rin, this is delicious.

"You two should cook more often, this is fantastic", I state with a smile, they immediately return the smile, overjoyed to be compliment from their cooking. I feel my headache slowly passing, it would seem happiness is the cure. Well who wouldn't be happy, when they're surrounded by the people they love.

A/N-Please write request