Ghoul Or Not~Shima x Monster Reader~Oneshot

VIDEO: (Eng/Dub) Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga | Kinzo & Renzo "That Was A Flying Kick..?" [Highlight] S2E3

Y/N=Your Name

Drip, drop, drip, drop.

I didn't want this life. I didn't want to be a monster. I didn't want to be a ghoul.

Drip, drop, drip, drop.

I hate it. The need and thirst for human blood. People keep saying that they wish they were fairies, warriors, a certain animal, to be a superhero with outstanding superpowers.

Drip, drop, drip, drop.

Well I would just be fine, if I were human. If I could be a human. With a normal life. To not be hunted for what I couldn't choose to be. This say everything has a silver lining. Complete bullshit.

Beep Beep...Beep Beep...Beep Beep

I groan and reach for my phone, reluctantly opening my eyelids and tapping the snooze button. Then re-collapsing with another groan escaping my lips. Once I've stretched my limbs, my aching body allows me to sit up. I rub the bridge of my nose in annoyance and stand up. I quickly have a shower to wake me up before changing into my school clothes. Luckily, I live close enough to the school, so I don't need to waste money on getting my own dorm room. Once I'm ready for school, I make myself some coffee and chug it down quickly once I realise that I'm late for school.

I rush out of my house and lock the door, then I'm running as fast as I can. Thankfully I reach my class before the teacher walks in, leaving me to sigh in utter relief.

"Did ya sleep in or something?" A familiar voice whispers from the desk beside me. I turn to glance at my classmate Shima, and then shake my head in response.

"Just lost track of time as I was getting ready, I guess." I reply in a quiet whisper, and then return my attention to the teacher. I have three friends at True Cross Academy. Two of them are ghouls though. Well except for Shima, but really, he was the one to make the first move into becoming friends. Which surprised me greatly.

~

"Hey (Y/N)! I got you a sandwich, you need to eat more man. Otherwise people are going to think you're a ghoul." Shima jokes with a seductive wink while passing me the sandwich.

"Riiiiiiight. Me? A ghoul?"

Holy crap.

"Nah man."

Oh my god.

"Thanks for the sandwich though. I guess I'm just a little full from the croissants I had for breakfast." I state with a thankful smile, hoping my acting skills are enough to persuade my pink pervert friend.

"No problem." He states with a shrug, while a winning smirk lingers on his face. I mentally sigh in relief, while forcefully eating the sandwich he got me with a straight face. My stomach is disagreeing with the food I'm providing, but I force it down and try not to puke.

"So wanna go somewhere after school? You can pick where we go." He questions with a tilt of his head, I nod in response.

"Mepphy Park." I reply with a grin, looking forward to the fantastic rides that makes your stomach feel funny and gives you adrenaline...Waaaaaait a minute...Is this...A-A date?!

"Cool, I'll meet you at the front of the school. Hey! That rhymed too!" He says with a laugh, but soon he is pouting as the bell rings. We both depart with a short 'goodbye' and 'see ya later' before heading to our end of the day classes. Our cram school classes have been delayed for today, since they've been having trouble hunting demons lately.