Messenger~Mephisto X Shy Reader~Oneshot

VIDEO: Blue Exorcist - Mephisto Pheles - Super Psycho Love AMV

Y/N=Your Name

E/C=Eye Colour

F/M=Favourite

~Age 4~

"Mummy! Daddy!", I yelled, tearing up as I watch in fear, watching my house being devoured by raging fire. Wood tumbling down, with an amused demon watching a few feet away.

"Oh look, it would seem the little child escaped", The demon snarks, I slowly back away from it, my (E/C) eyes wide in fright, feeling myself shaking uncontrollable.

"Awww am I scaring you?", it says, cackling at it's own comment, I stop and then start running as fast as my little legs could carry me.

"Come on, I just wanna play!", It says, laughing and chasing after me, I suddenly feel incredible strong arms wrap around me. I try to wiggle out of the creature's grasp, but it only laughs at my attempt.

"Well, that isn't any way to treat a child", A different voice states, noticing a weirdly dresses figure walking towards us. His clothing reminds me of a clown, his smile devilish and crooked.

"Shouldn't you be back at the circus", The demon snaps, I continue to shake in fear, feeling the demons grip tighten on me. I try wriggling out, but the demons grip only tightens making me cry out in pain.

"Let the child go", The clown says, his voice low and dangerous, as I look at the mysterious figure in fear, mentally begging for help.

"Or what!", It snarks, the demon didn't get a chance to cackle this time, a loud Bang!, silenced it. I feel the evil creature's grip loosen, as I drop to the floor with a thud, shaking and crying uncontrollably. I glance at my old house, memories playing in the back of my mind.

"Mummy, daddy", I whisper, I back away into the tree as the mysterious clown walks towards me.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you", He says, I shrink back as he reaches out to me. He sighs in response, as I look at him in fear, my eyes still wide in fright.

"What might your name be?", He questions with a reassuring smile,

"(Y-Y/N)", I say, his smile slightly widens, as he slowly reaches out to me,

"Well (Y/N), I promise I will take care of you", He states softly, I nod and gently move towards him, holding back a giggle as he lifts me up into his arms.

"W-Who a-are u?", I manage to stumble out, sniffing and trying to wipe away my tears.

"How rude of me, I'm Mephisto Pheles", The clown states, I slowly nod, gazing as he reaches out and wipes away my tears for me.

"M-Me-fish-to", I say, testing how the name sounds, he chuckles and places his hat on me.

"That's right", He says, I notice a purple curl at the top of his head and I giggle at the sight of it. Mephisto's expression softens at my giggle, watching as I play around with his hair.

"Come on then, let's get you somewhere safe",

~21 years Later~

Unfortunately, I was taken away from Mephisto, they didn't really care if I begged to stay with him. But I guess that's the joy of life, the joy of living in a place such as here. Ever since my parents were murdered by that monstrous demon, I've trained to become an exorcist. Then again, not all demons are bad, Mephisto is a demon and he saved my life! But I haven't seen him for twenty-one years, until today. Today I need to pass on a message to Mephisto, but he doesn't know it's me. They couldn't use a phone because they didn't want anyone hacking in and listening to the conversation. And I believe they sent me because I'm quite talented, and because my boss knew I missed the well known clown.

So here I am, standing up from my seat and nodding my thanks to the bus driver, and then jumping down onto the footpath. My mouth wide open at the sight of true cross academy, it's ginormous. I notice hundreds of students, talking and chatting to their friends. I frown slightly, now I need to find a way through the crowd without getting unwanted attention. I sigh softly and place my headphones on, playing (F/M) to calm me down. With some what confidence I stride forward, hoping no one will stop to talk to me.

"E-Excuse me",

"S-Sorry", I say, trying to squeeze through the crowd and into the building, using a map to guide me.

~

Once I manage to squeeze through the crowd, and hopefully didn't get any unwanted attention. And find my way through the maze of hallways, I finally reached...Mephisto Pheles's office. I...I don't know what to say...I have a piece of paper with the message, but I just don't know. Oh well, here goes nothing then, Knock, Knock.

"Come in!", A familiar voice calls, I freeze and breathe in and out, opening and closing the door behind me. I notice the clown, drinking tea and looking out his window.

"You must be the messenger?", He says, taking a quick sip of his tea,

"Y-Yes", I say, he turns his chair around and looks me up and down, while I do my best to avoid eye contact.

"Well don't be shy, I don't bite...often", He states with a chuckle, I slowly nod and walk forward, handing him the piece of paper. He gently takes it, and narrows his green eyes at me, then starts reading. I fiddle with my jacket, also finding the floor interesting at the moment. I watch as he sighs and writes down his response, then hands me the note.

"And what might your name be?", He questions, narrowing his eyes at me again, I freeze and resist the urge to run.

"(Y-Y/N) *sighs* (Y-Y/N) (L-L/N)", I state, looking down and sheepishly rubbing my arm up and down. I hear a creak, as he gets up from his chair and walks over to me. I surprisingly feel a gentle hand slide across my cheek, as I'm force to look up to it's rightful owner.

"(Y/N)?", He questions in disbelief, looking straight into my eyes, and then smiling once I've nodded my response. He immediately embraces me into a hug, I smile and hug him back.

"You've grown so much", He states with a laugh, I giggle quietly at his comment. And that's exactly how we spent our next few minutes, just hugging and smiling ear to ear. That is until, we pull apart, now gazing at his face with a small smile. I nearly blush like a tomato, I may or may not have a slight crush on my saviour.

"Your so beautiful", Mephisto whispers, and now I'm blushing like a tomato, looking down so he won't notice.

"Y-Your not so b-bad yourself", I state with a small smile,

"I wonder, if it would be wrong to kiss you?", He questions randomly, and now I feel like the sun has touched my face.

"W-What...", I start to say, but my response is silenced when soft lips connect to mine. I freeze and hesitate to kiss back, but for once I need to learn to be brave. I kiss back, feeling arms wrap around me, as I respond by slowly wrapping my arms around his broader frame. Feeling him smile against the kiss, and to my disappointment, we pull apart.

"Are you sure you want this?", He question, just like I remember, a strange gentleman at heart. Maybe my response was the right thing to do, maybe it wasn't. But I shouldn't doubt my hero, I shouldn't doubt my saviour, so I replied...

"Y-Yes",

A/N-Sorry if it wasn't what you were hoping for, just let me know if you want me to rewrite it~Next oneshot is Yukio x Jealous Reader!~