Nightmares~Bon X Reader~Oneshot

VIDEO: Ao no Exorcist - Ryuji's Mom

(Y/N)=Your Name

(E/C)=Eye Colour

(F/W/C)=Favourite Work Clothes, or whatever you wanted to wear, meh

Everything is fantastic about my life, I'm a grade A student, I have many friends and a boyfriend, the best education money can buy, nothing is screwed up or flawed. And that's where people are wrong, the outside I'm great, it's what's going on inside of my head that's crap. My entire family was murdered right in front of me, by freakin demons. Even though I probably couldn't have stopped it, I still blame myself. And don't even get me started on the nightmares, well more like memories and flashbacks, you get the picture.

I wake up with a jolt, whipping my head left and right, seeing if there are any intruders. Then lying back down with a groan, when will the nightmares ever stop? they're terrible. I lazily turn my head to the side, gazing at my alarm clock, 4:56AM. I groan dramatically, I don't think I can get back to sleep, not like this anyway. I stand up and have a shower, then changing into my (F/W/C). Once I have finished my morning routine, I grab my bag and walk out of my dormitory. Deciding to start work early, then I can go home even earlier. It kind of sucks that I have work on Saturdays, but at least it distracts me.

~

"Hiya (Y/N), you're here early", Dean states, I wipe my forehead with a cloth, and stand up.

"And it looks like I'm leaving early", I say with a chuckle, he laughs and shakes his head slightly.

"You're too hard on yourself kiddo, give yourself a break", He says, a glint of concern in his tone, obviously.

"Well, Bon is coming over today, does that count?", I question, raising my eyebrows at my fellow co-worker.

"Are you doing homework?", He questions,

"Nah, already finished that, we'll probably just watch a movie", I state with a shrug, he nods and repeats my action of shrugging.

"At least your socializing", He points out,

"Hey! Hurry up Dean!", Sammy says, I chuckle and wave my fellow co-workers goodbye. During work I had called Bon, saying I was leaving early, so he should be at my dormitory in one hour. So once I'm in my dormitory, that gives me half an hour to have a shower and change into some casual clothing.

The rest of the evening was a blur, with us cuddling and watching a movie together. Most people would think Bon wasn't into that stuff, but he can be a big softy, especially around the people he cares about.

~

"You will watch your family die!",

"No, Please",

"Nooooooooo",

I wake up with a jolt, whipping my head left and right, my (E/C) wide with fear, only just noticing Bon is now wide awake.

"(Y/N), are you alright?", He questions, I shake my head as tears manage to spill, stinging my eyes, adding onto the pain. He pulls me into him, protectively wrapping his muscular arms around me. He gently kisses and strokes my forehead, trying to comfort me, as I continue to sob.

"Don't worry I will protect you, I will always protect you", He states, his words slowly soothing my nerves, but fear and pain still control my emotions.

"Was it your family again?", He questions, I nod and clutch onto him like he is a life line, and maybe he is. He reacts by pulling me closer to him, resting his chin on my head.

"You couldn't have done anything, even now it's hard enough to get rid of demons", He states, his words do help me, but we both know that I think the opposite.

"You're amazing, smart, beautiful, kind, caring, and so much more", He says, I smile through the tears, most people think Bon couldn't think of such a thing, but they're definitely wrong.

"I love you (Y/N), never forget that", He says,

"I love you too", I reply, snuggling closer to him,

~One Day Later...~

I woke up to movement, and the sound of someone talking, well murmuring anyway. I look to my right, noticing Bon is tossing and turning, tears forcing themselves out.

"No", He murmurs, I start shaking him, hoping the movement will distract his thoughts, and force him to wake up.

"Bon, wake up", I say, he jolts awake, his body flying forward and nearly knocking me over. He whips his head left and right, until his eyes make contact with mine, detecting fear and pain. Do I look like that when I wake up from a nightmare? Suddenly I'm pulled into a protective hug, his arms wrapped around me. I sigh and obviously snuggle closer to him, as he reacts by pulling me closer. I hear quiet crying, almost soundless but not quite, which almost makes me want to cry.

"Don't worry, I will protect you", I state, he sighs and wipes away his tears, and gently kisses me on the forehead.

"We'll protect each other", He states, I look up and connect my lips with his, reassuring him that I will always be here for him. Maybe we can't stop the nightmares, but we can help each other through the pain, together.

A/N-Sorry If it's too short, I didn't want you peeps to wait long ~I hope you like it!~