Lies Be Told~Rin X Abused Reader~Oneshot

VIDEO: Ao no Exorcist {R I N} AMV ~ Closer to you 【青の祓魔師】

(Y/N)=Your Name

(L/N)=Last Name

WARNING: This oneshot may contain offensive or triggering words, please read at own risk! And just remember that you are beautiful and outstanding no matter what!

"Late again Ms. (L/N)?", Mr. Okumura sighs as I quickly open the classroom door, breathing heavily and catching my breath as I place my hands on my knees.

"Sorry, Mr. Okumura", I apologize with a sheepish smile, tugging down my sleeve that hides my recent wounds. Slices on the wrist, eight to be exact. It's not self-harm, not that I need to cut myself anyway. My father has been abusing me for years, ever since my traitor of a mother cheated on him and left us for another man. He needed somewhere to dump his grief, and I was the closest life source he could take his anger out on.

"Please take a seat then. Lucky for you we only just started, you're not the only one who seems to have a habit of being late", Mr. Okumura states, glaring at his brother over the frame of his glasses, as I quickly and quietly sit next to Rin. I sigh in exhaustion and throw my bag down beside me, greeting Rin with a soft smile. He grins welcomely back, once he finished giving his brother the ultimate death glare. My heart flutters at that adorable grin, forcing me to hide my blush as I turn away.

"Right. As I was saying, today you all will be doing a quick test. To see how well you're all doing so far into the term", The young teacher says with a small and polite smile, as I mentally groan for all eternity. Great, just my day isn't it!?

"What happened to your wrist?", Rin questions in a low whisper, eyeing my injured wrist with uncertainty and worry. I raise my other wrist and look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?", I whisper back, hoping my acting skills are as good as I hope them to be. He raises his eyebrows at me in disbelief and shakes his head.

"The other one!", He says in a quiet voice, I mentally groan once more. Great. Okay, what was the excuse I was going to use this time...errrr...ummm...oh yeah!

"I was shopping when someone accidentally knocked me over, my hand scraped on some broken glass on the floor", I reply quietly with a sheepish smile, recovering my wrist quickly and avoiding his eyes. Knowing that he probably doesn't believe me, since excuse is all he hears. 'How did you get that cut on your leg?' 'Oh I tripped on a sharp rock' 'What happened to your eye?' 'I tripped over and someone tried to catch me, but accidentally punched me instead' 'Why are you limping?' 'I fell over yesterday; I guess I busted up my leg pretty good from being so clumsy'.

I continue to avoid his worried and suspicious gaze when Mr. Okumura handed out the test, during the test, after the test, and even when we were dismissed. I quickly pack my bag and rush out of the class, running as fast I can so he won't catch up to me. Using the excuse that I had to go to work. Well, that part was true. I really do need to go to work.

~

"Please take a seat Ms. (L/N)", Mr. Okumura states as I open the classroom door, again out of breath and panting heavily. Late again. And again. Annnnnd again. I quickly take my seat next to Rin, making sure the scarf on my neck is secure. My father tried to strangle me, is it bad that I can say that it isn't the worse thing he has done to me?

"Why are you wearing a scarf? It's summer", Rin points out quietly, his suspicion has obviously raised to the breaking point. He doesn't believe any of my excuses anymore, I can tell by his expression. The look saying 'I know you're lying'.

"My pen pal brought me this scarf. It's winter in her country right now. I thought I might try it out", I state with a forced small smile, shrugging and avoiding his gaze once more. The class went slower than usual, dragging out the time as if to make me suffer under Rin's watchful eyes. I quickly and quietly start packing my bag, knowing that we will be dismissed soon. And by the look on Rin's face, he wants to talk. Like right now.