Chapter Nine 🌶

It had been nearly a week since Jearon had gone to the police station. He sat back in his chair smugly as he listened to the police chatter on his radio. He was patient. He knew they were getting close. They had records of Ezra's license plate number and traced it until its intel stopped in the mountains. He had given them that information and now they know where they need to look. They still had a lot of ground to cover. 

There were many different hunting cabins still in the mountains, but Jearon didn't know where they were located. He never enjoyed hunting. He didn't like to wait. Sitting in a cabin waiting for the time to hunt or even waiting for a deer to walk by annoyed him. He's always stayed in the city. He knew that certain families owned some of those cabins, but there was no way to contact them while they were up there. He started to wonder if Ezra's family had owned a cabin in those woods. If they did, Ezra never mentioned it to him.

Fucking traitor.

Jearon hoped that this chase would be over soon. He was starting to get tired of waiting for his girl. Sure, he'd allow her to go back to her father for a while, but he would eventually take back what was his. He'd take her father's money and her away from where no one could find them. Then she would be his.

He picked up one of the pictures on his desk and smiled at her face. Seeing her at the cabin just confirmed more of his lustful feelings. She was the woman that he wanted. Everything about her was perfect for him. She didn't talk while he was there, but that didn't matter to him. He wouldn't be wanting her to talk much anyway. 

"Boss," a tall, broad man stuck his head through the crack in the door. He needed to learn his men's names.

Jearon's smug smile dropped. He sat forward and motioned the man inside. "Come." The man obeyed and closed the door behind him. "What's your name again?"

"Mason, sir," the man answered.

"Well, Mason," Jearon started as he folded his hands on the table. He made a mental note to remember this one's name. "What news do you have for me?"

Jearon could tell that Mason was nervous, but he still stood tall. Good, he thought to himself. "We haven't heard any more information from the police on Ezra's whereabouts."

"What do you mean?" Jearon's hands gripped harder together. "The police radio is talking all about new evidence with the missing girls' case. How do you not have any more information?"

Mason looked down at his hands quickly before bringing his eyes back up. "The police officer who has been giving us updates on the case doesn't have anything more to tell us. He said that the information on the radio is just the same information played over and over again, but with different words. It's a tactic they use to show the public they're searching."

Jearon rolled his eyes. He reached inside a drawer and casually pulled out a gun. Loading a single bullet in the chamber, he pointed it at Mason. Mason automatically stiffened up at the sight of the gun being pointed at him. "Give me more information by tomorrow, Mason. If you don't, you know the consequences."

"Yes sir," Mason nodded rapidly. Jearon noticed how Mason's hands clenched on either side of them. His face worked hard to show no emotion, but he could see the fear as his eyes kept snapping back and forth from his face to the gun. 

"Now go." Jearon pointed the gun towards the door. He didn't lower it until the door was completely closed and Mason was gone. He sighed as he placed the gun back on the desk and placed his head in his head. "I need this to go faster." He thought he was patient now that the police were involved, but he was wrong. He wanted this to go his way. He didn't want to go out, but if he was going to get his girl, he needed to do things his way.