Chapter Fifteen

Aubrey leaned her head against the cold wall. After spending a day tied in a chair, she was let out. She was now allowed to roam the room freely but couldn't find a way out besides through the door that was always locked. She had tried sneaking past a guard when he opened the door to give her food, but that had resulted in having a terrible bruise on her cheek and a possible broken rib.

Two days had passed since then and she hadn't tried to escape since. She was starting to lose her hope that Ezra – or her father would come. They fed her well here, but she was still a prisoner. This is what she was originally expecting from Ezra when he took her. She expected him to keep her locked up and only give her food. She had expected him to be cruel to her, but he was always gentle. He took care of her while she was under his watch.

She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them. No tears came to her eyes. She had cried all the available tears out of her body. There was no way that she was going to cry today. Aubrey stood up quickly as the door opened and Jearon walked into the room. 

Aubrey hated to admit that he looked rather attractive. Any other girl would find him attractive, but Aubrey hated him too much to even think that. His buzzed hair was always kept at the same length and his dress shirts were always pressed neatly. He smirked as he caught her eyes. "Like what you see?" he asked as he spread his arms out. 

Aubrey glared at him. "You wish."

Jearon smirked as he messed with the cuff of his sleeve. "I know I don't look even remotely close to Ezra, but I do dress nicer than him. I also think of myself as a better host than him." 

Aubrey rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Ezra made sure that I had a bed to sleep on. I don't have that here."

"Listen," Jearon held up his hands in mock defense. "I offered you a bed, but you refused to take it."

"I'm not sleeping in your bed with you!"

Jearon laughed as he shook his head. "Sooner or later, you will, Aubrey. They always do. You can't always be able to sleep comfortably on this cold, hard ground for long. You'll want to come and sleep in a better – more comfortable – bed."

Aubrey shook her head. "I'm never taking that offer. Besides, Ezra will be here before I even get tired of sleeping on the floor."

"He will be dead if he steps even one foot in this warehouse!" Jearon yelled as he came at her.

Aubrey stepped back in surprise and hit the back of her knees on the bench causing her to fall down on it.

Jearon ran his hand over his head and took a deep breath before slowly letting it out. "For now on, there will be no talk of that fucking traitor in this building. Do you understand?" Aubrey didn't answer him. She just cowered as he stood over him. "I'll ask one more time. Do you understand?"

Aubrey nodded as she shook with fear.

"I can't hear you," his voice was icy.

"Yes," she squeaked.

"Good." He straightened up and fixed the cuff of sleeves. "I'll come back for you later tonight." He turned on his heel and walked out of the room leaving Aubrey shaking.

---- 

Later that night, two men came into Aubrey's room and threw a pair of clothes down at her feet. One of them kicked the clothes closer to her. "Get dressed in these clothes right now. The boss wants you to have dinner with him tonight."

Aubrey, still shaken from earlier that day, shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. "I'm not going to have dinner with him."

The men started to laugh and stalked toward her. Aubrey's eyes widened and she stepped back until she hit her back against the wall. "Please, don't hurt me," she begged them.