Chapter Nineteen

Ezra woke up tied up to a chair in a small room. He picked up his head and looked around. He knew what room he was in. He had taken people to this room many times before. There were no windows and the only furniture that was in the room beside the chair that he was sitting on, was a bench behind him.

His head was pounding. He dropped his head and closed his eyes. He knew he'd have a large bump on the back of his head. 

He didn't understand why Jearon hadn't just put a bullet through his head in the middle of the warehouse. He knew that Jearon wanted him dead. But this could be a good thing. It would give him a long time to distract Jearon and let the others get into the warehouse safely. He could figure out if Aubrey was safe before Jearon would decide to kill her. He was counting on Jearon to do this, but he had the thought that he would just kill him on sight. 

Maybe he'll bring her to me, he thought longingly.

He didn't want her to see him this way, but he wanted to see her just once before his life was taken from him.

The door opened slowly. Ezra picked up his head to see Jearon standing in the doorway and smirking at him before walking in. His black shirt was untucked and wrinkled. He looked like a mess. Ezra smirked at himself knowing that he was the cause of Jearon looking unorganized. 

Ezra didn't notice until his fist collided with his cheek that Jearon had put on a brass knuckle. Blood filled Ezra's mouth as his teeth started to feel loose on his left side. He made a point to spit out the blood onto Jearon's nice, leathered shoes. 

Jearon jumped back before the blood could hit his shoes and cussed at him. "Damn it, Ezra! You remember how much these shoes had cost me!" He started to come at him again but thought against it. He rubbed his left-hand knuckles against the brass knuckles on his right hand and smirked at him. "Would you like to know if she's safe?"

Ezra's blood started to boil at him mentioning her. He spits out some more blood onto the floor, close to his shoes again making Jearon step back. "She's not safe if she's here."

Jearon shrugged a shoulder. "You're obviously wrong. She's must safer here than she ever was with you." He smirked at him. "She's with me. I'll be able to offer her so much more than you ever could."

Ezra shook his head. A stronger headache was already starting to form, and he controlled himself not to wince. "You're the one that's wrong, Jearon. You know she's not safe."

"She will be after she accepts what I've offered her."

Ezra narrowed his eyes at him. "What did you offer her?"

Jearon's eyes turned dark as his smirk grew. "To be my bride."

"She'll never agree to be your bride," he hissed at him.

Jearon nodded in agreement. "You're right, Ezra. She hasn't agreed to me yet." He stalked towards him and grabbed a fist of his hair, roughly pulling his head up to look him straight in the eyes. "She won't even think about my offer while you're alive." His teeth clenched together. "Your death is going to be more to me than just revenge, Ezra. Your death is going to be the start of my life with my new bride. After you're gone, she won't have to feel guilty about feeling satisfied by my cock."

Ezra didn't hesitate before spitting more blood into Jearon's face. Jearon reeled back and growled. When he wiped the blood from his face, he looked over at Ezra and punched him in the face again, hard.

Ezra could feel his left eye starting to swell slowly. Jearon bent down and sneered at him. "I'm going to make sure that Aubrey knows how fucking weak you are right now." Ezra fought against the ropes to try to get to him, but he couldn't. Jearon laughed as he turned around and stopped at the door. "Oh, by the way," he turned around and looked over his shoulder. "I think you'll recognize those clothes in the corner." Jearon turned back around quickly and closed the door behind him.