Chapter Thirteen

Ezra growled as he punched the brick wall of the prison. Jearon had been coming twice a week to see Ezra and remind him of his plan to get Aubrey. Ezra would threaten as much as he could without breaking out of his cuffs before being pulled from the room by police and taken back to his cell. He's been in this cold cell for four months and he needed to get out. He needed to get to Aubrey. 

Ezra's mind kept wandering back to her. He worried about where she was and what she was doing. He hoped that she had taken his advice to stay near her father and the bodyguards that were placed around her. He hoped that she had listened to him. He still needed to see her. He still needed to have her close until he could figure out a way to take care of Jearon. But he knew the risk that would come if she came near him again. That is why he begged her to stay away from him.

He had never in his life begged anyone. She was the only person that could bring him to his knees. Damnit she did bring him to his knees. 

He punched the wall again, this time breaking the skin on his knuckles and hearing a crack come from them. He felt the intense pain and blood flow out of the cracks in his skin, but he didn't look at them. Instead, he sat down on the hard bench and leaned against the wall. Closing his eyes, he prayed the prayer he made every day that Aubrey was safe. 

After a couple of minutes of sitting there in silence, he heard the cell door open. He opened his eyes to see two police officers bringing in someone that he recognized. 

Mason.

Mason smirked at Ezra as the cell door closed behind him. The officers ordered him to turn around so they could take the cuffs off of him before Mason greeted Ezra. "It's nice to see you again." He walked over to him and sat down on the bench while rubbing his wrists. 

"What brought you here, Mason?" Ezra asked annoyed without looking at him. Why the fuck was he here?

Mason chuckled. "Our fearless leader-"

"He's not my leader."

"-finally took his little plan into action," Mason continued as if he didn't hear Ezra interrupting him. 

Ezra finally looked over at Mason, confused. "What are you talking about? Which plan?" He was hoping that it wasn't what Jearon had been threatening him with. No, he thought to himself. Aubrey's safe. She has to be safe.

Mason's smile widened as he looked over at Ezra. "The plan that he's been threatening you about," he paused letting it sink in. "He's already put it into action."

Ezra shook his head but didn't respond. He didn't dare look over at Mason. If he did, he'd kill him. 

Mason nodded. "He has her. I was used as bait for the police to follow while he took her to who knows where?"

Ezra was silent for a minute before saying slowly, "You know where." His voice was laced with venom. 

Mason nodded as he kept that evil smile on his face. "Yes, I do, but I'm not going to tell you where Ezra."

Ezra shook his head and placed his head in his hands. 

"You lost, Ezra," Mason continued. "Our boss always gets what he wants. If you say anything, Ezra, or try to escape. You know what will happen." Ezra looked up at him while he made a cutting motion across his throat. "Besides," Mason stood up and took a step back from Ezra. "Aubrey will probably be much happier with Jearon. While you're stuck here, he'll be able to have some fun with her himself. If you know what I mean."

Ezra stood up quickly and rushed at him. His blood started to boil when Mason told him that. Mason was quicker than him and stepped out of Ezra's range. "Do not talk about that!" Just before Ezra tried to reach Mason again, the cell door opened, and three guards came through. Both men stopped and looked at the guards.