Chapter Sixteen

Aubrey bit the inside of her cheek to try to hide her excitement and smile. Ezra was out of prison, and she knew that it was her father that had paid for his bail. She knew that her father hated Ezra with a passion, but he was still smart. He had figured out that once she was taken, he would need Ezra's help in getting his daughter back.

Aubrey knew that Ezra would do anything to make sure that she was safe. She tried hard to hide her excitement in knowing that she'll be in his arms soon. 

Both of her men were coming to get her, and she knew that Jearon was going to lose this battle. She suddenly felt a pair of rough hands grab her and push her out of the room and down the hall. Looking to her left she saw that man that had been talking to Jearon holding her arm tightly. Jearon was walking quickly in front of them. Aubrey had to take long strides to be able to keep up with both of them. Her calves were starting to burn. It was difficult to walk this quickly in heels. 

Aubrey wanted to go back to her cold cell instead of being led into Jearons room. She wanted to run but couldn't. She didn't know where to go to escape and knew that one of Jearon's goons would grab her. She especially couldn't run now that Ezra was out of prison. There was no way that she was allowed out of Jearon's sight now. Aubrey could physically feel her freedom being taken away from her. 

They pushed her through the bottom level of the warehouse and into another room. Pushing her through the doors, she looked around the large bedroom as her stomach dropped. The bedroom was dark. Everything about it was dark. The wood floors were dark oak, and the furniture matched the flooring. There were no windows in the room making the room feel cold. The only light color in the room was the white comforter on the large bed. 

"Leave her here," Jearon ordered the man.

The man threw Aubrey onto the bed and quickly left the room. She was alone with Jearon. She sat up and turned around to face him, readying her body for a fight. Aubrey wasn't going to let him take anything away from her by force. She was Ezra's and she was going to make sure that she stayed that way. 

Jearon sighed as he ran his hands over his face. He leaned against the desk that was across from the bed. "Don't worry, Aubrey. I'm not going to touch you."

She wanted to relax but wasn't going to let her body relax and be caught off guard. 

"I won't have to do what I'm wanting to do to you anyways," he smiled devilishly. "According to what Jason just told me, Ezra's been out for three days. That means that we'll be fighting each other soon. Your father and boyfriend are going to put up a good fight, but I know who will be the winner." He stalked over to her and stopped at the foot of the bed. Aubrey pushed herself as far away from Jearon as she could until her back hit the headboard. "Ezra won't have the guts to kill me, and your father won't last long here."

"You're wrong," Aubrey spat.

Jearon smirked. "About which part?"

"All of it."

"Care to explain?" His eyes turned dark as he started to climb onto the bed. She tried to jump off the bed, but he blocked her by shoving her down on the bed and climbing on top of her. 

Aubrey took a shaky breath. She wanted to close her eyes but refused to let him have that satisfaction. She looked him in the eyes and explained. "My father will surprise you. He knows how a gang works. He had worked undercover as a police officer for many years before he retired. He knows how to destroy your gang from the inside out. Also," she smiled confidently at him. "I know that Ezra can't wait to get his hands around your throat. He will have the guts to kill you and there will be no mercy, Jearon."

Jearon chuckled and shook his head. "I'd like to see how long your father will last against my gang." He leaned forward and spoke darkly in her ear. "I will kill Ezra and you will watch him suffer." Aubrey forced herself not to react as he traced his tongue over her neck. He leaned back and took a long look at her. "No wonder Ezra wanted you. Tell me," his smirk darkened even more. "How was it with Ezra when he claimed you as his own?"

Aubrey glared at him. "You're sick."

He shrugged. "I'm just curious." He sat up but kept his knees on either side of her hips blocking her getaway. "I'd like to know that when I have you that I'm better than he is."

Aubrey didn't respond, just kept glaring at him.

He smiled smugly at her. "I'm looking forward to our fight."

"I'm looking forward to watching Ezra get his revenge," Aubrey sneered at him.

Jearon shook his head slowly as he got off of her and stood by the side of the bed. He straightened out his sleeves and shirt before looking back at her. "Your knight in shining armor isn't your protector, Aubrey. If he was, you wouldn't be here right now." With that, he turned around and walked out of the room. He made sure that she saw the key and heard him lock the door from the outside.

Aubrey lay there for a couple of more minutes before her eyes started to water. What if her father and Ezra couldn't save her? She'd be a slave to Jearon for the rest of her life. She knew it. The police weren't going to do anything to help her. She was alone in this. Aubrey sat up and wrapped her arms around her knees and let her tears flow.