Orange Roses 💘

Please read my important note at the end thank you!

Warning: There are bad words in here ;)

×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Today is no ordinary day for others but for me, it is just like any normal day. So, I get up from my bed and start my routine. Afterwards, I run down the stairs and take a seat at the table.

"Good morning sweetie," mom chimes as she places a plate of french toast in front of me.

"Good morning mom," I replied then grab one toast and bite into it.

"Can you please call your dad first? He's never been late to wake up," mom asks.

I nod then stand up from my seat. As I am about to walk, dad comes in with his hands behind him.

He sees me then signals me to keep quiet. I nod curiously as he make his way to my mom who is busy preparing juice at the counter.

I watch dad as I chew my toast silently. He stands behind mom then taps her right shoulder. Dad reaches out from his jeans' back pocket a red rose he probably picked out from mom's garden this early morning. She glances to her right only to see a red rose surprise her.

"(Y/DAD'S NAME)!!! You plucked one from my garden again!!!" Mom says frustratingly.

I giggle and continue to watch the scene. The day just started and this is the first thing that I see.

"Honey!! It's Valentine's Day! Forgive me this one please? It is not for me, it is especially for you - for my one and only," dad says as he tries to make mom give in.

Mom hates it when someone plucks one rose from her rose garden because she says that she worked hard just to have them grow healthy in our backyard. Well, I can't deny that. I watched her do everything from buying the materials up to watering it everyday. They're basically my siblings to say the least but dad didn't help because mom wanted to see if she will be successful just by herself. She wanted to challenge herself after watching those gardening videos on tv.

Dad pleads more and after a while, mom gives in and takes the rose from my father's hands.

"I love you honey pie!" Dad says then kisses mom on her cheek. I want to gag badly at their little 'sweet' moment.

"I love you too honey!!! Don't pluck another rose okay? Or I will plant you alive with them," mom threatens.

"Of course. It won't happen again."

"I think this is my cue to leave," I say then stand up from my seat.

"Wait! Drink some juice sweetie," mom calls then hands me a glass of orange juice.

"Thanks." I drink up and gives the glass back to her.

"Bye mom and dad." I walk to the couch and grab my bag.

"Bye sweetie!! Have fun!!!" Mom says.

"Make sure to bring home flowers! It's february 14!! And your old already. You need a boyfriend!!!" Dad calls out before I leave the house.

I just shake my head and walk down the sidewalk.

My dad is really weird. You know, other fathers don't want their daughters to have suitors or boyfriends but my dad is opposite. It really surprises me - mom too. She encourages it.

I arrive at the school ten minutes before 7 a.m. and the hallway is already crowded with a bunch of people with red roses in their hands. Others already received one and others, it will come soon.