Sleepyhead 💘

The sun shines brightly and the cool wind blows smoothly as I step out of my car. I lean on my car as I wait for her to come out of her house. A couple of minutes pass and she finally comes into my view. I stand straight and smile widely.

"Hey, Jihoon," she greets me.

I kiss her cheek. "Ready to go?"

She nods with a smile then I open the door for her. She slides in and I close it. I jog around the car and step inside then drive. Soon enough we arrive at the parking lot of the library.

I turn to her direction and a my lips make a small smile. She is sleeping quietly, which is so unnoticeable unless you look at her. The ride was very silent but comfortable and I thought she doesn't have news for me to hear so, I also didn't talk and just focused on driving.

I grab my backpack from the backseat then slide out of the car and open her door. I stare at her for a while. The sunlight on her face makes her face glow and more beautiful. I could stare at it for as long as I could but sadly, we have work to do. I open my phone and turn on its camera. I capture her face and save this little moment in my phone and in my heart forever. I put my phone back in my pocket and with a gentle tap on her arm and a soft voice, I wake her up.

She opens her eyes and squint a little from the brightness. After a moment, she look at her surroundings.

"We're here."

She looks at me. "I slept?" she asks but it turns out more as a statement.

I nod in affirmation.

"Sorry," she whispers shyly. She's so adorable.

"It's okay." I took her hand and gently pull her out of the car. I push the door close then lead her to the entrance of the public library while holding her hand.

"Good morning Joe!" I greet the librarian. He is a friend of my uncle.

"Oh! Good morning. I see, the lovely couple is here again," he teases with a smirk and wriggling eyebrows.

I chuckle at his statement and glance at her. She is also smiling.

"We'll leave you to your peace now, Joe," I say.

He nods with a knowing smile. My girl and I walk to our usual table which is beside a huge window. I am about to pull out a chair for her but she beat me to it then winks at me. She pulls out a chair beside her and pats the seat with a wide grin on her face. She often does this kind of thing and it makes her more adorable than she already is. I shake my head in amusement and take the seat.

I open my bag and pull out my laptop, notebook and ballpen and she does the same. We start doing our own project.

FASTFORWARD》》》

While scanning the book I just got from the bookshelf, I hear y/n beside me yawn.

"Are you tired? We can take a break if you want or we could go home now," I say.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll pack up my things now."

"I'll quickly put this book back to the shelf it was in."

She nods and I proceed to find the shelf. However, it took me quite a while to find it because I forgot where it was.

As I get back to our table, I see her head on top of her arms on the table with her eyes closed. I take my time to stare at her lovingly and full of happiness. I couldn't ask for more. She's everything that I need and want. She's so perfect I don't know how I found someone like her who would love me as much as I love her. I'm contented with my life as long as she's there. I'll never let go.

I quickly pack up my things first then I caress her head and softly whisper, "Wake up sleepyhead."

Her eyes flutter open and I smile at how cute she looks.

"Sorry to wake you up. Let's go now?"

She smiles and stands up while picking her bag from the floor.

"Let me," I say while I grab her bag from her and swing it on my shoulder.

"You really don't have to," she protests with a cute pout.

I peck her lips and grin which make her grin also.

"Let's go." I grab her hand as we exit the library.