Duet 💘

Music class started as soon as Ms. Lee, our homeroom teacher, came inside the room.

"As you all know, every class has a huge project to do before the christmas break. After our meeting yesterday, it was decided that we'll be doing a musical!" Ms. Lee said with glee. She loves musical and I bet she was the one who had this idea.

But it made sense. This is a music class.

I shook my head in annoyance. Hopefully, Ms. Lee would put me on the props department. I don't want to be out there in the open singing my hearts out to a vast audience.

"Okay! So, our musical will be similar to the Disney Channel's High School Musical and since you're in high school, I figured it will be easier for you to be engaged to this event."

Ms. Lee grabbed a rolled paper on the table and taped it on the board. She put her attention back to us.

"This is the cast. The male lead is named Junhyun and the female lead is Miyeon. We will be finding out who are our main leads for the musical. I have a bowl here with your names written inside the rolled papers. You will grab a paper and you will sing with whoever name was written in it. So, who wants to go first?" She said too excited for my liking.

I ducked my head and closed my eyes, clearly not in the mood.

"Okay, since no one is volunteering, let me pick the first one in our magic bowl." I scoff. Magic? Tsk.

"And our first performer is...Daniel!"

Everyone clapped from the announcement. I remained still and just let the drowsiness take over me.

FASTFORWARD》》》

"We're onto the last pair. Okay, last male. I think you know who you are. Jihoon? Please come up."

I heard cheers and claps since I was beginning to wake up.

"Y/N! You're sleeping again! Please wake her up, Irene."

I felt a hand shake my shoulder.

I was annoyed by the interruption of my sleep so I lifted my head and yelled "what?" with my eyes still closed.

"Ah, um... it's your turn to sing - with Jihoon," Irene whispered.

The name made my eyes open.

"Y/N!"

I jolted from my seat and I blinked as realization hit me. I looked up and saw a frowning Ms. Lee.

"You will sing with Jihoon."

Oh hell no.

I blinked again. What to do?

I heard him sing before and it was great. It was like he was singing to me so he instantly become my crush. Witnessing that was already enough for me. Singing with him was not even in my bucketlist. How am I gonna survive beside him?

My crush and I singing together? 말도 안두애. No way.

"Come on, y/n! We don't have time," Ms. Lee urged me.

I sighed. I walked to them and stood beside Jihoon. My cheeks were already burning up from our proximity. I hoped my face isn't too red.

I was already there so might as well do my best.

[ Spring Love by Wendy and Eric Nam ]

You as Wendy
Jihoon as Eric Nam

[Wendy] Nunkkochi naerin
Beoseu jeongnyujange nal deryeodajuda
Kkok nae soneul
Jamneun neo ttaemune na nollasseo
Aju oraejeonbuteo sumgyeotdeon
Nae mami deulkin geolkka
Buneun barame sillin
Uriege beonjin This is love

[All] Nae maeume naeryeowa sappunhi naeryeowa
Ne eokkae wiedo beolsseo
Naerin geu ireum bominga bwa
Uri jabeun son teum sai yalpajin oetu sai
Eoneusae seumyeodeureo
Uril byeonhwasikin bomi wanna bwa

[Eric Nam] Cheomen geuraesseo
Pyeonhan chingu hok dongsaeng gatasseo
Chimareul ipgo
Kkumin moseubedo nollaji anhasseo
[All] Mwoga uril jigeum
[Wendy] Ireoke bakkwo[All] Noheun geolkka
Maybe it's crazy
Can I call you my [All] baby Yeah

[All] Nae maeume naeryeowa sappunhi naeryeowa
Ne eokkae wiedo beolsseo
Naerin geu ireum bominga bwa
Uri jabeun son teum sai yalpajin oetu sai
Eoneusae seumyeodeureo
Uril byeonhwasikyeo Oh

[All] Uri seoroe gidaeeo [Wendy] Jamdeun benchi
[All] Tumyeonghan haneure muldeun
[Wendy] Sweet cherry blossom
[All] Neul ireomyeon joketda Yeah
Uril bakkun geu ireum
[Wendy] Bombombom bom Ooh ([Eric Nam] Ooh yeah)
[All] Neol saranghae neoreul saranghae saranghae neol Yeah

[All] Neon bomi dwaejwo hangsang naneun kkochi doelge
Seororeul nogyeojugo
Yeollige haejumyeon joketda
An boideon maeumgwa maeum
Majuhan siseon sai gyeounae sumeoitdeon
Kkochi pieonna bwa bomi wanna bwa

---

I smiled. My cheeks reddened from the embarassment.  He also smiled but he gazed at me intensely. I kept my head low, hoping to hide my red face.

Breathe in, breathe out. Hooo!

"I think we have our main leads!!" Ms. Lee said abruptly which made me lift my head up and look at her in horror.

Shittake mushroom.

"Let's clap for our Junhyun and Miyeon!"

And then the whole class was in uproar.

"Whooooo!!!"

"DEABAK!!!"

"CHUKAHAE!!!!"

"Congratulations Y/N!" Hyemin, who was seated at the center near me, said while shaking my arm.

I could only fake a smile and nod. I was grimacing inside.

A hand patted my shoulder and I turned my head to the right. "Congrats Miyeon."

Omo.

He grinned. "I'm happy that you are my partner."

My cheeks reddened again.

"Hehe-he. T-thank you. I'm happy that y-you are my partn-ner too." I clearly struggled too much.

He pinched my cheeks then winked and  went to his seat.

Oh God, please help me survive this whole play.

I went back to my seat secretly smiling.