Magic Word 💘

A Valentine Special

▪♡▪♡▪♡▪♡▪♡▪♡▪

The central park is bustling with people enjoying their time with their lover. Couples get warm from each other under the cold weather of February.

I tug my coat towards myself and blow air on my palms in hopes of getting warmer. I stand up from my seat and start to walk towards the exit when my eyes catch something - someone at the end of the path.

My heart beats fast and my breathing stops as I look at those dark brown eyes staring back at me. He never left my heart after everything that he did. I can't let him go and it makes me suffer. I miss him and love him too much.

I'm about to give in but I have to control myself. I can't let my heart broken for the second time so, I turn around and quickly walk away.

-*-*-*-*-

I stop in my tracks when someone familiar comes into view. A ghost smile makes its way on my face. I stare back as I contemplate of what to do.

I've made mistakes and broke promises which led me to this sufferrings I wanted to escape from. The only thing that could help me is the person standing far away from me.

She turns around and walks away. I can't let her walk away from me again, just like the last time we're here. So, I run fast and grab her wrist when I reach her.

She stops and I stand in front. Her head hangs low. She isn't looking at me. Her eyes are closed tightly. She obviously doesn't want to see me but it's okay.

"Please look at me," I whisper but I know she heard me. I slip my hand onto hers.

"Please. Can we talk?"

She speaks after a while. "I have nothing to say to you. So, leave me alone - like you used to."

My heart clenches in pain. I know it took her all to say those words. She's in pain too.

"Please look at me. I know you don't want to see me but I can't let you walk away like before. I need you, (Y/N). I didn't really want to come here today because it is painful but I came hoping to find you and now that you're here, I want to say everything that I have to say.

(Y/N). I thought I knew everything about you but when we broke up, I realized I knew nothing about you. I realized why you broke up with me. I realized I've been a jerk the whole time. I regret every thing that I did to hurt you. You were always there for me but I was never with you. The only thing that matters to me is my job and I forgot you also mattered to my life. Heck, you're very important to me.

I should've realized these things when we were still together, then this would've happened. We wouldn't be in pain.

I'm sorry, (Y/N). I want to apologize for hurting you, neglecting you and not protecting you. But I want to thank you for the memories that we had. I want to make more memories with you but I know you don't want me anymore. I haven't really been doing well when you left but I think I can slowly be back again now that I saw you.

I hope you forgive me. I only wish for your happiness and I hope you'll find a better guy than me."

I sadly smile as I carress the side of her head - memories flood my mind. I lean forward then kiss her crown and whisper, "I love you."

I smile once again and turn around but two arms wrap my waist stopping me from moving forward.

"(Y/N)?"

She sniffs and holds me tighter.

"I need you too, Jihoon," she whispers.

I smile.

I pull her arms away and hug her back.

"That's the magic word."