Unexpected 💔 | Part 1

A Chirstmas Special

▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪

The strong cool night air of December makes me shudder through the thickest clothing I have, the cold wind blowing my hair as I walk along the street of XXX. I caress my arms up and down with my hands, trying to warm myself with the little energy I have. Above the loud noise in the background, I hear my phone ring in my bag. I quickly pull it out and answer.

“Hello?”

|”Jagiya! Where are you? Are you still outside?” My boyfriend asks.

“Yes. Don’t worry, I’m already near,” I say, stuttering a little while swerving through the crowd.

|”Okay. Come quickly! I’m so excited to eat these drumsticks!” he chirps. I chuckle at his childishness.

“Okay! Okay, kiddo. Haha! Bye.”

|“Bye! Be careful!” he say then I end the call and put it inside my bag.

Today is the 3rd anniversary as a couple and I’m happy that we lasted this long. I’m actually still far from our house because I got off late from work and now, I’m brisk walking on the way to the store where I have custom-made watch just for him. It costs a lot but it won’t still cover the love he has given me for these past years that we’re together.

The security guard opens the door for me then I enter, walking straight to the young woman whom I asked last week. She smiles and greets me, “Good evening, Ma’am. What can I do for you?”

“Good evening. I ordered a custom-made watch last week and I’m here to get it,” I say as I lean on the glass counter full of watches.

“May I know your name, Ma’am?”

“It’s (Y/N).”

“Please wait a moment as I get it,” she informs then enters the door at the back. After a while, she comes back with a small black box in her hands.

“Here it is, Ma’am.” She places the box on the counter and removes the lid, showing me a gorgeous black watch made with leather, stainless steel and silver. The strap was leather, the hands of the clock and the round ring is silver. The hook and other stuff are stainless steel. It is my own design. I designed it based on his personality and I think this really suits him.

I carefully remove it from the box and admire their work. I turn it on its back and there are letters engraved on it.

J&(first letter of your first name)♾

I smile. It’s perfect for Jihoon. I place it back the box and give it to her.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you so much for the great work.”

“You’re welcome, Ma’am,” she says and smiles back.

“Thank you.”

She puts the box inside a small paper bag and hands it to me.

“I’m going now. Merry Christmas!” I bid a goodbye and leave the store.

Cold air hits me once more. I blow warm air to my hands and slide it together in hopes of making me warm. I look around for a while.

There are plenty of cars on the road, going both ways and there are a lot of people at the streets, some with company, some - alone. It’s cold but you somehow forget about it when you are with your loved ones. It makes me want to quickly go home and be with my love too.

My phone rings again. I pull it out and answer.

“Hello?”

|”(Y/N)! It’s Woojin. Guanlin and I have a surprise for Jihoon tomorrow. Is that okay?”

“Yeah! Sure. But what is the surprise?”

|”Oh! It’s just the expensive shoes that he wants to have.”

“Oh, Okay. What time?”

|”In the morning, before he wakes up. Probably at 6 a.m.”

“Okay.”

|”Thank you (Y/N)!! You’re the best!!! Bye!!”

I smile and end the call. I put it back then, walk to the pedestrian a few feet away. When there aren’t cars approaching, I proceed walking across until something hard hits my left side, making me roll on the windshield and down on the cold cement road.

I can’t move. My head, my body, hurts so much. I can’t breathe. I can’t hear clearly. I feel like my head is about to explode. I feel cold liquid dripping down on my nose and cheeks. I open my eyes. It's blurry but I see people crowding around me, then my eyes drift to the thing near my fingers. I extend them as much as I can then, grab the handle of the paper bag. I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

Jihoon. Help me. Please.

Jihoon's POV

Staring at the food on the table won’t get me full. I badly want to eat now but (Y/N) is still not here. I keep calling her for the past 5 minutes but she wasn’t picking up. Maybe she’s just stuck in traffic. I decide to open the TV.

The news comes on and it reports about the accident at the XXX. I didn’t bother to listen and just let it open as I place the plates on the table.

“She was hit by a van when she walking on the pedestrian lane to the other side of the street. The woman was identified by the ID clipped on her shirt. Her name was (Y/N) and she w-…”

I stop. The fork slips from my hand as the sound of the name enters my ears. I look at the screen, afraid that it is what I guess. A lone tear drops my eye as I see the exact same clothes of (Y/N) like the woman's on the stretcher, getting into the ambulance. I shake my head.

No, no. It can’t be. Why would she be there? She said she’s already close to the house. No. it’s not her. They’re mistaken.

The door bursts open revealing my best friend, Woojin panting. But I soon start to believe it when he starts speaking.

“(Y/N) got into an accident.”

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

The Part Syndrome is back y'all!!!!!

HAPPY 2018 EVERYONE!!!!!!! HAVE A BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!

LOVE U ALL