Change 💘

▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪

Genre: Angst

Requested by: Bae_Seoyoon

⚠️ Trigger Warning:
There are signs of abuse so please proceed with caution.

🚫 Profanities included.

❎ Disclaimer: The character in the story in any means do not directly influence the portrayer.

▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪

It's 6:30 pm and Jihoon isn't home yet. He's supposed to be home an hour ago. Food is already on the table.

Just in time, the door opens and he comes in. He looks pissed. He throws his bag on the couch and takes off his coat.

He calls my name.

I jump from my seat and reply, "Here in the dining room."

He walks in and takes a seat in front of me. He watches the food keenly.

He takes a spoonful of the soup and sips

He takes a spoonful of the soup and sips. He face changes and the table rumbles when he smashes his fist on it.

I startle.

"What is this?! Huh?! This is salty!" He yells then throws the soup at me.

I gasp as the hot liquid drip down my face. He stands up and leaves the room.

Tears start flowing out my eyes but I quickly wipe them. This wasn't the first time he did something like this to me. I don't even know why he suddenly changed. The sweet, caring man that I fell in love with and is married to, was long gone. But even though this happens almost everyday, I still forgive him because I love him so much.

I wash my face in the sink and wipe with a cloth. I clean the table and throw the food away. After I finish everything, I turn off the lights and go upstairs in our room. I see him on our bed asleep in his pajamas. I smile as he looks so calm and peaceful.

I change my clothes to my pjs and sleep beside him.

Please come back, my Jihoon-ah.

***
⚠️⚠️⚠️

I woke up from the sound of the door closing loudly. I look at the clock on the bedside table reading 2:30 a.m. I get off my bed walk downstairs.

He is standing by the couch, swaying slightly, trying to take off his jacket. I rush to him and help him but he pushes me away.

"No!" He shouts.

I walk back and grab the necktie to take it off but he slaps me.

"I said 'no'! What in that word don't you understand?!"