Smile 💘

Suggested by Kherun04 👈

I hope you like it. ^^

Sorry it took me too long to update, specifically 1 month and so. I was busy studying for my final exams and preparing for my college entrance tests because you know, college is lifeu. 😥

•°•°•°•°•

May's POV

Another day, another pain
I want to breathe freely again
I want to get out of these shackles
And fairly fight the battle

I need to show what I can do
To stop it from tightening the screws
I stand and ready my fist
But how many times I punch and kick
It still dodges it

Sweat and tears continuously drop
Will the day come where it finally stops?
Weak and tired I slowly become
Sad, wretched, and numb

Falling deeper into the dark hole
There's nowhere to go
Light doesn't follow
I'm always alone

I close my eyes and sigh deeply
I open them and the sun shines brightly
Looking at the sky I wonder
Will someone bother to save me from this disaster?

I ended and looked forward. Confused and wide eyes stared at me until cheers and claps were heard after a moment.

"What a beautiful poem May!! It was deep and very emotional. Are you perhaps experiencing something similar to what you just expressed?" The question I've been avoiding was asked. Her eyebrows were both raised and both eyes stared at me as if they know something, but I collected myself and shook my head 'no'.

"No, Miss."

"Okay," she nodded her head as if she already expected the answer to the question. "You can take your seat now."

I walked back to my seat with my head hung low.

"That was great, May!" My only friend in the room cheered.

I glanced at him and gave a sad smile.

If only he knew.

-×-×-×-×-

As the bell first rang, May stood up from her seat and leave the room but before she does, someone grabbed her bag - stopping her from moving further.

"Why the rush?"

She didn't have to wonder whose voice it was coming from. Just one sound and she already realized it.

Stuttering lightly, she answered, "I-I... uh... I have t-to pass my project in arts before first period. I will see you later at lunch.

He released his grasp from the bag and grinned. "Okay. You know where we are," then he made his way to the cafeteria.

She sighed, feeling relieved about him buying her excuse. She tugged both straps of her bag and quickly find the room in the arts department.

After a while of roaming around, she found a girl leaning against the doorframe. She stopped on her tracks. The girl lifted her head and with a cold stare, used her index finger and pointed at the door next to her.

She resumed on walking and slowly entered the room. Rea, the leader of her so called group "Eternal Beauties," was standing at the end of the room while chewing a gum and watching her nails.