Breeze 💘💔

I sit on the edge of the bridge with my feet dangling below. My arms are crossed on the railing with my chin on top of my hand. The wind blows my hair as I stare into the city lights of Seoul. The cold air of the night seeps into my uniform making me shiver.

"You forgot your jacket again," a voice behind me says then I feel a heavy cloth on my shoulders. It is his jersey jacket.

I sigh.

"Thanks."

I hear him sit beside me and copy my position.

"You didn't go to school today. Why?" He asks. I feel him staring at me.

My tougue tied. I hesitantly reply, "Just because."

He turns his head in front. "You should've texted me. I'm running out of excuses you know. Ms. Lee keeps asking me where you are."

"Sorry," I whisper.

He sighs and then looks out at the cityscape. A comfortable silence clouds us. He knows why i'm here and there's only one reason really. My dad hit me again.

I am the cream of the crop of the whole school but eventually, it is still not enough. He hits me when I get a grade lower than 100. We received our card yesterday and I got a 98 in P.E. because I got cramps on the day of our practical exam. But guess what? I got a perfect red cheeks last night and an additional stained uniform from his red wine.

Don't worry, i'm used to it. You can't always get a perfect grade you know. My mom, on the other hand, is very understanding. She says sorry on behalf of my dad. She can't do anything about it though. She just lets him slap me but then presses an ice pack on my cheeks afterwards.

I'll be graduating college soon and I can't wait to get away as far as I can from him - go somewhere his eyes won't trap me.

"Here," he says while giving me a triangle kimbap. "I know you're hungry."

I grab and mumble, "thanks."

I take a bite and look back in front again. I feel sorry for Jihoon. He has a stuck up friend but, I'm thankful that he is always there for me.

"I'll take you home."

"Okay."

FAST FORWARD 》》》

We walk side by side in a comfortable silence until he breaks the ice.

"You know, you can talk to me (y/n). What is a friend like me for if you don't tell me anything? I don't want you to keep it all inside. I'm worried about you."

I sigh. "I know, but I don't want you to get dragged into my problems Jihoon. It's better that you stay away. Besides, I'm leaving as soon as we graduate and I won't probably ever come back."

I notice he stopped walking. I turn around and he is frozen.

"Jihoon?"

"I like you."

"A-ah, what?" Am I hearing things or am I just hearing things?

"I like you (y/n). I know you are going through something and I don't want to impose you on liking me back but I feel like I have to say it even though there won't be an 'us' in the future."

This is too much in one day. How do I even comprehend what he said? We've been friends for as long as I can remember and I didn't even notice his feelings. I already feel bad for leaving him, now I feel even worse.

"Ah-I-uh..."

"You don't have to say anything," he says as he walks toward me. "Just know, that I like you and I will always be here. I support whatever your decisions may be." He smiles and holds my hand.

How do I leave knowing he will be devastated? But leaving this country is my only option to have my freedom.

"You know I have to leave right? I'm sorry Jihoon." I sob and hug him tight.

"I don't want to leave you. You're the only person who cares and understands me. I won't forget you."

He hugs me back and says, "Shh.. don't worry about me. I'll be okay. What's important is that you got to do what you've been waiting for your whole life. I'll still be your friend and I could visit you wherever you are."

He pulls away and wipes my tear streaked face. "You'll be fine. We will be fine, okay? Shhh... Stop crying now." He chuckles lightly.

I nod and wipe my face on his jacket.

"Yah! That's mine!" Jihoon yells.

I laugh. "Nope, this is mine now."

"You don't dare," Jihoon threatens.

"I do." I smirk and slowly walk backwards.

He grins and runs toward me then, chases me on the way home.

×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Hi! How are ya? *insert jeffree star's voice*

I just want to say that college is no easy life but I will do my best to update every month. Thank you for all the support. I'm so happy that the book gets number 1 in #winkboy like wutt?!! Omg. And it already has 36k reads!! Thank you so much!!!

P.S I changed the cover 💘

See you on the next update!!