Study Buddy 💘

A Christmas Special

▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪

"Kwon Miyoung."

My name was called. I stood up then walked in front to get my card from the desk and went back to my seat.

Our teacher kept calling names but as I opened the card, I didn't hear anything. My mind wasn't grasping anything that was written on the card.

B-? How the heck did I get B- on Calculus?! I passed all the requirements! What did she do to my grade!? I cannot accept this. This is nonsense! All my other subjects are A+ so why is this not?

I raised my hand to call her attention. Our homeroom teacher is our Calculus teacher so I could ask her about it.

"Yes, miss Kwon?"

"How did I get B- on Calculus? I passed everything."

"Oh! Not everything, Miss Kwon. There was one paper that you didn't pass. I told you that once you pass them, there's no turning back and I won't tell you if you passed everything or not. I'm sorry, Miss Kwon but it's your loss. You can still pull it up if you get A+ next quarter."

I didn't say a word and just nodded. Maybe the paper slipped put of my folder along my way to the room.

Sigh.

I should've checked twice.

Just in time, he last bell of the year rang. I smiled.

It's time for the christmas break.

I stood up and gathered my things after our teacher left.

"Miyoung!" My bestfriend called me.

Kyla ran towards me then wrapped her hands around my arm.

"There is a party on Sunday at Jae's house. You should come!" She chirpped.

I contemplated for a little. I didn't say anything for a moment and that made her tug my arm and swing it back and forth.

"Come on Miyoung! It's our last christmas as high school students! We should enjoy it! So, I'm expecting you there at 7pm. Okay?"

My lips were about to open but she already answered her question, which only made me shake my head.

"Okay! I have to go. See you on Sunday!"

"Bye!"

×-×-×-×

"Miyoung-ah!!! You came!!" Kyla shouts from the living room. I smiled at went to her.

"I know I had to."

She smirked and dragged me to the kitchen. She grabbed a can of cola from the ice box and opened it for me.

"Have a cola."

I accepted it and sipped a little.

"Just enjoy, okay? You know everyone here so I don't expect you running into danger, Understood? I won't let you home sick."

"Okay, ma'am," I teased with a grin.

She shook her head and dragged me back to the living room.

We played games, ate a lot of food, and had a music session but amidst all that, the letter I received was stuck in my head that I can't seem to enjoy as much as I wanted.

I sat on the third step of the stairs of the porch outside and just stared at my cup.

Someone suddenly spoke. It was Jihoon, my friend.

"Why are you here? Are you bored?" He asked then sat beside me.

"Uh, no. I was just distracted. I got B- on Calculus. Can you imagine me, having a B- in Calc? No right? It was my fault but I feel so disappointed with myself that I feel helpless," I said frustatedly.

"Do you want me to help you?"

My head instantly turned to his direction.

"Really?! You'll help me?" I asked in disbelief.

Jihoon was such a great student. Having straight As since 7th grade, plus his handsome looks and rich background, he was an epitome of a perfect student.

I cannot simply let this offer slip off of my hands.

"Yeah! I mean, we can study together this break. My family are staying here for christmas," he said with a grin.

When he said those words, my face lit up and it felt like my soul was lifted.

"Thank you, Jihoon," I said sincerely.

"Don't thank me yet. We haven't started. Hahaha."

I laughed.

"Yeah. You're right. Can we start tomorrow? We can study at our bake shop."

"Sure. I expect free food," he said and winked.

×-×-×-×

"Shall we start?" Jihoon asked as he wiggled his eyebrows with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Hmm!" I nodded.

We started at 7 a.m and we finished by 8 p.m. Mom ocassionaly serves as food for our stomach 'cause we release too much energy just for it.

After studying for that whole day, I realized that I learned faster with Jihoon's way of teaching. It was pretty effective.

Day after day, page by page, we covered almost half of all the chapters for the next quarter and day by day, I look forward on meeting him.

Studying with him slowly became a routine for me. There were times when he wasn't around because of some things and it made me sad which was something I never thought I would feel in a short span of time with him. Although we sometimes hang out with our friends, we were never that so so close.

When third quarter came, I was doing pretty well because Jihoon and I already studied it and eventually, I became first in Calculus in our class.

I immediately told him about the great news after school and he was ecstatic.

"Congratulations Miyoung-ah! I know you could do it!" He cheered.

"Haha! Thanks to you though! If it wasn't for you, I would still be struggling right now."

"Nah!!! But your welcome," he said then grinned.

"Wanna be my study buddy 'til the school ends?" I asked. We only have 4 months left though.

"Sure."

▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

As a christmas gift, I will be posting everyday until New Year's Day, all christmas themed imagines.

This was initially planned before christmas but, there wasn't an internet connection in our area for 3 weeks now because the line was getting fixed because of the storm that just recently left our country.

Sorry for the delay.

Have a blessed day and Merry Christmas guys!!!

We're about to reach 9k reads!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG what a great christmas gift. ❤❤❤😘

LOVE U ALL