Someday 💔

A Valentine Special

▪♡▪♡▪♡▪♡▪♡▪♡▪

Staring towards the doors, he sighs for the 8th time since he opened the café. His brown eyes are cold, his face is dark and his body - slumped. He doesn't really care about how he looks like.

His brother, Woojin ate the kimchi pancake he made for himself this morning which really pissed him off. They have a deal to not touch each other's food because Woojin always takes what's for him and apparently, Woojin took it again.

Customers were hesitant to approach him, afraid that they might get the cold shoulder. He waits until the only thing he looks forward to in his day, arrives.  

Energy fills his body as the door chimes ring and the cool breeze comes in with the lovely person.

He adjusts his clothes and posture then stares the customer in awe.

Her long silky brown hair sways through the air, her eyes sparkle in the sun and her small smile brightens the café.

"Good afternoon. I will have one cappuccino for here," her sweet voice echoes in his ears, making him snap back to reality.

"Ah! Y-yes. That'll be 3 dollars miss," he says timidly.

She hands out the money and he punches it in the computer.

"Thank you miss. Your coffee will be served to your table."

She nods and make her way to her usual seat beside the glass window on the right. He hurriesly make the coffee and serve it right away on a tray.

"Thanks," she says.

He quickly goes back to the counter to discreetly gawk at the lady. He's not alone though. The other customers are also glancing at her from time to time, curious about who the gorgeous girl is. She is just simple but elegant and that's what making her turn heads.

She is a frequent customer. She always goes at the café every saturday to work on her projects and assignments on her laptop. She's been going there for a year now after she discovered it on her 3rd year of college while roaming around her new neighborhood.

-*-*-*-*-

He can't help but watch her work at her table. He longs for someone who would love him truly as it has been a year since his heart was broken by someone he loved dearly. He moved on sooner than expected because she kept going at the café. He thought that maybe she is the one.

3 hours have passed and it is time for him to give her a "free coffee." Ever since he noticed her frequent visit in the café, he started giving her coffee, saying it is free  but it is actually paid by him. He finds her intriguing as to what made her come back every saturday but he actually want to be noticed.

She smiles and sips on the new coffee then goes back to work. He too, goes back to the counter. Another customer comes in and he is surprisingly his close friend.

"Jihoon-ah!!" His eyes widen in surprise and he smiles as he looks at the person in front.

"Jaewan hyung!!!"

"Hi!!! Jihoon-ah, you look better than the last time I came! I bet you're seeing someone. Who's the girl? Come on, tell me. I want to know!" He teasingly says.

Jihoon flusters at the thought of being her boyfriend but it also makes him smile.

"Hehehe," he chukles quietly and quickly glances at the girl sitting by the window.

"N-nothing hyung. By the way, why are you here? Want to order a drink?" He asks in hope of diverting the topic.

"You won't get me to go out of the topic Jihoon-ah but if that's what you want. Hmm, okay."

Jihoon releases a quiet relieve sigh.

"I'll get a Latte. Thanks. I'll go to my date now," Jaehwan says.

Jihoon's eyebrows rise at the statement in confusion.

"What? What date? You're with someone?" He asks curiously.

Jaehwan points to his left and it directly points at the girl by the window, sipping her 'free coffee'.

Maldo andwae.

"HER?!" He shouts in bewilderment. "No way!"

Jaehwan fake coughs.

"That's a bit harsh, Jihoon-ah! She's my girlfriend for 2 months now, you know!" He argues.

Energy drains his body as the words sink in his head.

Jaehwan hyung already got a girlfriend. Now, I'm the only one who doesn't have one.

"Jihoon-ah? Are you okay? I need my Latte," he says then goes toward the girl he wanted to be his.

Jihoon nods and slowly makes the coffee as his hopes in having a girlfriend crumbles before him.

He serves the coffee on the tray.

"Thanks, Jihoon-ah," Jaehwan says.

He goes back behind the counter and deeply sighs as he watches the two lovebirds laugh at each other - jelousy slowly swallows him whole. He could only wait for that person to finally come in the café and notice him and love him.

Someday.

(Unedited)

×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!

I have an imagenary boyfriend so I might hang out with him later :P