Chapter 2

I waited outside the house waiting for Bambi to arrive so we could walk to school. I looked down to check the time on my phone when a car with blaring music stopped in front of me and my eyes widened as Bambi rolled down the window.

"Morning, Kenzi! Hop in," she said, flipping her hair and smiling.

I laughed as my mouth hung open. "Bambi, this is sleek!" I studied the car. "When did you get this?"

"Earlier this year. Come in, or we will be late for school," she said.

I got into the passenger's seat beside her. "It's a really nice car," I told her.

"Thank you." She smiled as she bobbed her head to the music.

"Who got it for you?" I was curious.

"Dad," She answered.

"Wow," I whispered as I settled in the seat, clutching the seatbelt.

"So, how do you feel about resuming school today?"

I bit my lip. "I can't lie, Bambi, I am nervous."

"Aw," she stretched a hand out to pull my cheek, "You will be just fine. I will be by your side."

She soon pulled up to the school's parking lot. My breath caught in my throat.

"You will be fine," Bambi repeated.

'That's Mackenzie!'

'She's back... Again'

'I thought she was dead. That's what I heard'

"What?!" I looked at Bambi.

"What?" She looked at me.

"Didn't you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Someone just said she heard I was dead!" I said in disbelief.

"That's ridiculous."

"I know." I shook my head.

I walked to my locker, which I always left locked when I was away. Bambi's locker was right beside mine. I opened my locker and started coughing as I searched inside. It was dusty, so I sneezed.

"Here," Bambi said, handing the duster she always kept one in her locker.

"Thank you." I told her.

I cleared up my locker and handed the duster back to her.

"What planet did he drop from?" I said to myself, staring.

"What guy?"

"That guy." I used my eyes to show her the guy.

"That's Tanner." She said.

"That's the Tanner?"

"Yep." she nodded.

"Whoa..." I said to myself.

"Don't be too excited. I got a class now, bye Kenzi ," she said and walked away.

"What?! When did your classes change?!" I shouted after her, but she was long gone.

I sighed and looked back at my locker. I sensed a presence beside me and decided to take a look at the person, and I was staring up at the most beautiful eyes ever; they were black and looked like rich coffee. His hair was dark-brown, and he was muscled, not freakishly, though. His face was shaped, like-

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked, glaring at me. If eyes could kill, 6ft underground here I go.

What?