Chapter 50

"Look who just walked into the diner." Kora whispered to me, a tray in her hand as she made to get down from the stand, ready to serve two ladies who had sent in their orders.

"Tanner." My voice came out in a whisper.

"Hear that voice? That dreamy voice?"

"Go serve those ladies." I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Right. Go take his order."

"Hey!" I greeted as soon as I got to his table, smiling. "What's up? What's your order?"

"Isn't that meant to be, welcome to Joyce's Palace?"

I rolled my eyes, chuckling a little. "Oh, please, what's your order?"

"I didn't come to get anything."

I took my notepad away from my face,  "Really?" I tilted my head to a side, looking at him.

"Yeah, well..." He shrugged.

"What did you come here for, then?"

"I don't know if you, uh..." He shook his head, clearing his throat, and even if I liked how cute he was nervous, I was curious to know what he wanted to say.

"If I?" I dragged the words​, looking at him.

"I was just wondering if you'd like to get out, grab something to eat, you know. I mean, I don't know if you're cool with that."

"Oh wow," I chuckled, letting out a breath at the time. "That's... that'll be really nice, but​ I can't leave now."

"How long till you have a break?"

I looked down at my wrist watch, "In twenty minutes."

"It's cool, I'll wait."

"No, you don't have to. I'll just, uh, my break time's the only time I get to do homework."

"Screw homework." He shrugged, smirking.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes.

"Right. Here's what." I was forced to look at his lips​ as he licked them. "If you go with me, I'd do your homework."

My eyes widened. "What? No, you can't do that!"

"Yes, I can. And, you have no choice."

"What?" I chuckled.

"Come on, it's just to get something to eat. Plus, you should take this opportunity of me doing your homework. It comes​ once."

I shook my head, smiling. "Fine. Okay, fine. But there's no way I'm gonna let you do my homework."

"We'll see, when it's time for your break, I'll be waiting here." He told me.

"Right." I nodded, walking away from the table.

I walked back to the stand and met Kora, her eyes roaming the diner, trying to see if everyone was settled.

"What's up?" She asked as soon as she saw me.

"Nothing much." I let out a breath, falling in step beside her.

"He didn't order anything?"

"Nope." I shook my head. "He came to ask if we could go out to eat during my break."

"That's sweet!" She squealed and I was reminded of Bambi immediately. "So, what did you say?"

"Yeah, but, I've got just thirty minutes for my break."

"Take all the time you need." She said

"I-"

" I know, but you should get a proper dinner, and don't ask about me, Tristan's bringing dinner over for me." She smiled widely. "But, really, go. Don't worry about the time, just don't come back too, too late."