Chapter 57 ••Part 1••

How did you hear or find out about Mackenzie?

*

I was meant to be happy that this was how it all played out- don't get me wrong, I was really happy that finally the school would see I wasn't​ lying about Lenore cheating on Edward. I was happy that finally Bambi would see that I wasn't making the story up because I was trying to get back at Lenore for what she said about me, but most importantly, I was happy that Edward could see for himself the kind of person his girlfriend was- but my heart went out to Edward. He looked so broken. But then, I couldn't say I didn't warn him.

I looked up at Tanner, but he was busy trying to stifle a laugh as he placed a hand over his mouth, his eyes on Jesse who was laughing like crazy. If I didn't know better, I'd say Jesse didn't like his best friend's girlfriend either.

Right now, I could care less about what the hell was happening with Edward and Lenore, I focused more on how I was feeling at the moment. The feeling I had because my hand was still in Tanner's and it sent a tingly feeling up my spine.

"Hey, you want to get lunch?" Tanner looked at me, a smile still playing on his lips.

"Yes, please," I nodded.

As we walked, I could see the surprised look on people's faces even as Lenore ran out of the cafeteria, tears streaming down her face. I wondered why they were surprised, though. I caught the look on Bambi's face even as Ryan kept on with his lunch, chewing mindlessly. She looked like she had just seen a ghost.

Oh my, Bambi you have a lot of apologising to do.

*

"I still can't believe it!" Bambi said to herself as she pulled her books out from her locker.

I rolled my eyes and looked at her, "Really? Even after the whole drama in the cafeteria?"

She let out a breath, closing her eyes then opening them, "Look, Kenzi, I'm so sorry I didn't believe you all along. It just seemed unbelievable and..." Her voice trailed off.

"You're gonna have to do better than just saying you're sorry," I raised an eyebrow at her before turning to my locker.

"Come on, Kenzi..."

"You actually don't expect me to just accept your apology. You told me I was saying all that because I wanted to get back at Lenore. You literally told me to shut up about it," I said.

"I'm sorry, Kenzi. They seemed so... strong, and-"

"What's up girls?" Ryan smiled as he walked up to Bambi and I, pulling my cheek and Bambi's hair and as usual, she slapped his hand away, except this time she looked serious.

"Man, what happened during lunch was hilarious. Did you see the look on Lenore's face?" He said, laughing.

"Shut up, Ryan. You can see no one's laughing here," Bambi whacked his arm.

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm, "I already asked what's up."

"Kenzi had been right all along," Bambi said, rolling her eyes at Ryan who looked at me. I raised an eyebrow at him, folding my arms.

"Oh shit. That's right," he cleared his throat, "I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

"You're also kidding. You think that's gonna end everything? Try harder." I looked from him to Bambi.

*

"Thanks for the ride! And oh, thanks for all these stuff!" I grinned like a little child as I got down from Ryan's car, one of my hands with a bag containing packets of chocolates and cookies, while in my other hand was a tub of ice cream.