Chapter 41

If we meet, what fun stuff would you like to do?

*

Tanner

It was the best kiss ever. And it came with the weirdest feeling. I never planned on having my first kiss at this time of my life.

But even then, the kiss was something. I never thought kissing would feel that way. It felt like sparks. Her lips were soft. Sweet.

She was beautiful.

It was almost an hour. Almost an hour that I sat here, watching Mackenzie sleep. After I'd lied to her about having my first kiss, she'd taken a deep breath as she kept on ranting, but this time, about why Edward wouldn't believe her, as she knew for a fact that Lenore was cheating on him. After saying she and Edward had been friends since day one, she took a deep breath again, then buried her head deep in my chest, and I wrapped my arms around her as she fell asleep, her mouth slightly open as she let out soft moans from time to time.

"Dude! I've been searching for you!" I turned to see Jesse, staggering a little as he held Bambi tight by his side.

"Wait. Are you slightly drunk? And what's up with Bambi?" Her eyes were closed, even as she was putting on an extremely silly smile.

"No, I'm not. But Bambi is, and it isn't slight. She probably had three drinks." Jesse said, throwing a quick glance at her. "What's up with Mackenzie?"

"She's asleep. She was drunk too, uh, how did Bambi drink so much?"

"I left her for a few minutes and by the time I got back, she wasn't​ even getting herself."

"You left her, huh? Where's you go?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I went to grab a... wait, do you think I actually left her for other girls?" Jesse looked at me in disbelief.

"Jesse, look-"

"Dude, you know for the first time in my life, I'm actually serious about a girl!"

"Right." I nodded slowly. "But we really need to get them home. Mackenzie's been sleeping for almost an hour now."

"Sure." He nodded. "One thing I know, is they're gonna need each other when they wake up."

"What?" I looked at him, confused.

"Trust me, it's like a girl thing." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, then, I believe you." I smirked as Jesse squinted at me for a while before finally saying, "Screw you," and I burst into laughter.

"So, what's the plan?" He asked

"We should take Bambi to Mackenzie's. She lives alone so we don't have to worry about taking them inside. We'll go in my car."

*

"Are we going back to the party?" Jesse asked me from the passenger seat.

"Definitely for me to take you back. As soon as I drop you off, I'll be leaving."

"Why?"

"Renée's home alone. I left her sleeping. I want to get back to her."

"What? You never do that, really, why are you leaving?"

"Mackenzie won't be there, okay?" I slammed my hands lightly on the steering. "There. That's why."

"Where is Tanner McCann?" Jesse pretended to look under his seat.

"I have no idea." I ran a hand through my hair.

"Can't lie, Mackenzie is a charmer."

"I have no idea what she's doing to me. She's like, messing with my head."