Chapter 37

What celebrity ​do you think would pass for Mackenzie?

*

"This shit has peanut in it." Ryan stated as he pushed his milkshake away during lunch.

"How'd you know?" I asked, taking a sip of his milkshake.

"I just know. I have to stay away from it, I know it when I see it."

Bambi smirked, "Of course."

I chuckled, "Hey, you could have mine. I don't think it has peanuts in them."

"Thank you." Ryan said to me, glaring at Bambi at the same time.

"What?" Bambi asked like an innocent child.

Ryan rolled his eyes and looked into his plate.

"So, Kenzi, did-" Bambi started

"Jeez, no." Ryan groaned

"What?" Bambi asked frustratedly and I laughed.

"This sandwich has peanut butter in it!" He said.

"Then manage it or throw it away!" Bambi shot.

"Gladly. I'm sure you'd be happy to clean my barf up. Again." he shot back.

"Disgusting." She wrinkled her nose.

"Disgusting." Ryan mimicked, rolling his eyes as I burst into laughter.

I loved watching them argue or pretend to be mad at each other, but to be honest, Ryan reacting to peanut or any other kind of nut wasn't nice. He'd start with having a terribly runny nose. He couldn't control it. He'd keep sniffing and sniffing and it will keep running and running. As if that wasn't enough, his skin would turn a light shade of red and his throat would be a deeper​ shade all because there's a tingly feeling in it and can do nothing to stop it. Sometimes, he'd have stomach cramps and would barf for minutes - almost an hour to be precise.

"Remember the day Bambi was mad at me so she-" Ryan started.

"Don't." Bambi said, putting a hand up as Ryan and I burst into ​laughter as my mind travelled back to the time Bambi had been mad at Ryan for taking her lunch. Ryan had apologized, but Bambi was only going to be satisfied when she paid back, and so while we were at her house later that day, she gave Ryan waffles with peanut butter, and then he started to itch till he barfed. It was insane, and while I hurried to do something about it, Bambi stood in a corner, laughing her eyes out. There and then, her mom knew she was behind what happened, so she made Bambi clean up Ryan's vomit, and to make him feel better that day, I did something he'd have loved to do which was to take pictures of Bambi, and so I took pictures of her cleaning his mess.

Bambi rolled her eyes, then looked at me as she said, "Anyway, did you get the chance to really thank Darren for the stuff?"

"Uh, well, not really. The bell rang and I told him I'd make sure to see him later. It totally skipped my mind to do that when he dropped me off at work yesterday-"

"He dropped you off at work yesterday?" Ryan sat up in the seat.

"Yeah." I nodded, looking from Bambi to him.

"Why?" He asked, and I didn't know if he was angry or not, and I was confused.

"Why not?" I smiled, still trying to figure if he was angry or not.

"I mean, like you could have just asked me to take you and I would have, you shouldn't have-"

"He offered to take me." I said, "Why do you sound like you don't trust him?"