~ (29) Gemini's Trick (Part I) ~

The wind coming from the silver Guardian invaded every side of their surroundings. With heavy air bothering their eyes and messing their hair, the team shakily stood up to prepare for a possible attack.

"I can't believe we've been walking with the enemy all this time." Thelma's voice hardly could be heard through the stormy wind.

The Guardian sighed, as air with thin silver glowing streams danced around her. "As I've already told you, I had no intention of taking your life. I wanted to take you to my colleagues."

"Isn't that the same thing?" asked Train as calmly as he could. "You still had bad intentions."

The Guardian laughed.

Unlike her teammates, Arisa remained on her knees as she didn't have any will to fight. With a blank expression, she recognized the dim glowing symbol printed on the Guardian's chest.

"Gemini," she whispered to herself.

"Now I see why those monsters were targeting you all the time," Bastian realized. "The land was trying to protect us."

Arisa's eyes widened, remembering the time they met Scorpio. She remembered that when the Guardian attempted to drown them, random creatures appeared out of nowhere and attacked her. She would never have thought that a dangerous world like this would end up becoming their guardian.

"Yes," Gemini confirmed, nodding. "It seems Enchantress realized that I wasn't your companion, so she sent that ice dragon to eliminate me."

Arisa wondered who the Guardian was talking about.

"Too bad she didn't calculate how close you people are," the Guardian continued. "She should have known that you would have done everything to save your precious comrade. What a disappointment you are, Enchantress."

The Guardian laughed hysterically as if she was trying to provoke someone who wasn't there. She then gazed at them, ready to attack.

"My fellows, you should be careful when battling this Guardian," warned Garoh, his tone quiet. "The twins are known to be tricksters. You've already seen what she forced you to do to your friend."

Garoh's words pierced Arisa's heart. She still couldn't believe that she killed a lovely girl like Nina. She didn't understand how she fell into Gemini's trap.

"Their illusion is dangerous, so make sure you raise your guard and senses," continued Garoh.

Before anyone could reply to him, a sudden wind pushed them away, leaving Arisa stuck on the spot.

Clank!

Arisa heard a metallic sound a second before she could ask herself what happened.

It took Arisa another second to realize that a dagger was stuck in her chest. She saw that her own chest was camouflaged with a thick blue field. Arisa's heart sank like a stone, noticing that her hairpin barely protected her from the Guardian's attack.

"Argh!" complained Gemini. "I guess I was too slow."

Before Arisa could process what happened, a silver armored figure appeared by her side. She could feel the chilly air travel by her left side.

With her body still stunned by the sudden attack, Arisa thought of a way to escape from Gemini's killing intent. But nothing came into her mind. It was her against a Guardian; she had absolutely no chance to win against Gemini.

Maybe it's better this way, she told herself. This is the right punishment for killing Nina.

Her gaze spotted her grandfather's sword close to her.