~ (51) Origins ~

Arisa remained still. A tall woman in a white flowing dress stood in an area not far from her. A dim glow bathed the lady's figure as she slowly approached Arisa. Her golden hair was tied back, cascading like waves on part of her shoulders. Her gray eyes met Arisa's.

"As I predicted," said the woman. "You did not accept the offer, meaning that the last descendant of the Oracle's bloodline would die of natural causes and the Guardians would continue to spread fear to the worlds for another century."

Arisa's brows touched, confused with the lady's speech. 

"Who are you?"

The woman tilted her head, showing an expression of sorrow for a second. "Well, you were a toddler when we last saw each other. It's natural that you don't remember me."

Arisa gazed at the woman, blinking her eyes repeatedly.

"I am Lucinda Manje," said the woman. "Former Astral Guardian of Aries and niece of the late Oracle. I was next in line to be an Oracle, but fate brought something else for me."

Arisa's heart sped at that revelation. She remembered that in one of the memories Enchantress showed her, the cloaked figure mentioned that name.

"Lu-Lucinda?" she asked, her voice cracking. "So you are..."

"I see that Enchantress has teased my presence in your memories," said Lucinda, a smile forming across her face. "Yes. I am your mother, Arisa Solaris Azurea."

Arisa could hear her heart thumping as she remained frozen with widened eyes.

"A-Azurea?" Arisa's voice barely left her lips. "Azurea of Celestia?"

Even though she would rarely hear or read about the former Royal Family, Arisa knew that only one family had that last name in her country.

"I am sorry to reveal everything all of a sudden," said Lucinda. "It might take a while for you to digest the truth. But you have the right to know about your true origins, my daughter."

With her body trembling, Arisa gazed at the woman in front of her. The lady smiled warmly.

"You are Arisa Solaris Azurea," continued Lucinda. "Daughter of Ky Librum Azurea and me. Younger sister of our son Kyto Librum Azurea."

Arisa touched her temple as sudden dizziness attacked her. Her knees weakened and for a second she thought she would pass out.

She felt something passing through her shoulders. Arisa blinked twice and noticed that Lucinda was trying to touch them.

"Oh," said Lucinda, examining her hands. "I see that the enchantment was not strong enough to materialize me fully."

Arisa noticed sorrow forming on the Queen's expression.

"Well," continued Lucinda, "at least I received the chance to see you again."

Arisa couldn't find any words as she gazed at her. For a moment she felt as if the world was spinning.

"You should have a seat." Lucinda raised her hand, pointing behind Arisa. "The things that I'm about to tell you might shock you and I do not want you to pass out and hurt yourself."

Arisa glanced over her shoulder; she saw a stool in the corner of the room. She slowly walked towards the improvised seat with her knees still trembling.

As she made herself comfortable on the cold stone, she rubbed her forehead.

"So what Enchantress said was the truth," said Arisa, her tone still in disbelief. "But how can I be your daughter? My grandparents always told me my parents died in the war. You don't look like the woman in the painting they showed me."