~ (45) Relax & Reflect ~

"Arisa," called a distant voice.

Arisa didn't move; her vision was stuck in the darkness with sorrow consuming her.

"Arisa," persisted the voice. "Arisa, wake up."

Someone shook her arm. As the soothing voice kept calling her and patting her arm desperately, she opened her eyes.

Through her blurry vision, she saw a group of different beings staring at her worriedly. Arisa blinked twice to adjust her vision. Warm tears rolled down her cheeks.

As she shifted to have a seat on her improvised bed, she wiped her eyes, but her tears wouldn't stop flowing. The sorrow within her kept ripping her apart.

Arms wrapped around her as she sobbed.

"It's okay." Thelma patted Arisa's back. "Release everything. You'll feel better soon."

Arisa lay her head on Thelma's shoulder as tears flowed down her cheeks. The bomb of emotions kept exploding within her, bringing sorrow and confusing feelings.

Her grandparents' tale about their lost daughter came to mind, followed by her strong feelings for Zen. She didn't want to believe that he was King Reiji's son, the man who brought suffering to her people.

You'll regret being friends with him, her grandfather's words chained her heart.

Even though she didn't believe what the butterfly had shown her, she was sad at the possibility of her grandfather being right.

"Let's give her privacy," suggested Garoh, standing up.

Thelma turned around. "You guys go. I'll stay here with her."

Garoh nodded.

"In the meantime, we'll prepare breakfast." Nala tried to ease the tension. "It's better to charge up before we face today's challenge."

Thelma nodded as she patted her crying friend's back. The four members of the team slowly left the area, leaving the two girls behind.

"That butterfly must have shown her horrors," said Caris, glancing over her shoulder.

"It's not the first time it did that," said Train, clenching his fists. "Isn't there a way to find it? I would like to give it a lesson."

Garoh gazed at him, a quick laugh escaping his lips. "Only if you're the real chosen candidate. I heard that the butterfly is actually Enchantress."

As the team left the cave, Nala invited Caris to help her out with breakfast. The boys had a seat beside the cave's entrance on the grassy ground.

The morning sun hadn't risen so high and the chilly air could still be felt. As the sun illuminated the rocky land that hadn't changed from the previous night, Train gazed at the Lunarian.

"Enchantress," said Train thoughtfully. "I remember Gemini mentioning her. Who is she?"

"She's the protector of this world," replied Garoh, "created by the stars to test potential Guardians and protect the Sanctum from outsiders."

Train raised a brow. "For a being created by humble stars, she sure likes to mess with our feelings."

"She's a being created for the sole purpose to protect and test," said Garoh. "She doesn't feel anything when she shows terrible things to her target. For her, it's just a job, no matter how that person feels."

"That's messed up," said Train. "I hope I won't break any rules if I punch her. I haven't liked her visits in my dreams."

Garoh chuckled. "Hope that you'll be the real chosen one, fellow companion, then your wish may be granted."